No Tags Found!

Nehasaxena82
Need advice on factor act application. If a company involved with assembly of parts will it come under factor act?
From India, New Delhi
Babu Alexander

Definition of Factory is as follows. If You are assembling and manufacturing a product / finished goods, with the aid of power, you are very much fall under definition of 'Factory'
Expert of the Section is as follows:
(m) "factory" means any premises including the precincts
thereof-
(i) whereon ten or more workers are working,
or were working on any day of the preceding twelve
months, and in any part of which a manufacturing
process is being carried on with the aid of power,
or is ordinarily so carried on, or
(ii) whereon twenty or more workers are
working, or were working on any day of the
preceding twelve months, and in any part of which
a manufacturing process is being carried on
without the aid of power, or is ordinarily so
carried on,-

From India, Madras
sandi_joshi

Dear Ms. Neha, It comes under factory. If you have further query please elaborate the same.
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Pradipta Nath

The finishing of any article comes under the definition of manufacturing in reference to Section 2(k)(i) of the Factories Act, 1948. Therefore it is a Factory provided it substantiate the provision 2(m)(i) or (ii) of the Factories Act.
From India, Kolkata
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear madam HR colleague,
If you employing 10 or more workers and carrying on manufacturing process and using power or employing 20 or more workers without power or have employed on any single day during preceding 12 months , then yours is a factory under the F Act.
Please remember that running a factory without proper licence under the F A. is an offense punishable with fine and imprisonment.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR - Consultant.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.