No Tags Found!

mvgayatrisilpa

i am trying for a hr job in a reputed company, but i am not getting the right way how to catch it . Consultancies are also helpless. can anybody who are working in a reputed company as a HR can suggest me the right way to get a good job in a reputed company where the hr work really done. I am waiting for a good suggestion which support me to improve my professional career in hr field. Thankyou
From India,
Thiyagua

Hi,
Basis your question above, I assume that either you are a fresher looking for HR job (without HR degree) or, working in different domain and now looking for HR job.
For any job qualification, experience and required skill sets are very essential. Further more, HR is a huge function with different sub-functions. The HR jobs varies from generalist to specialized leaders (Performance management, Training, Compensation and so on).
For HR jobs, most of the companies looks for MBA HR or any equivalent degree. Based on your competence and interest you can choose the right function.
If you don't have MBA HR degree, still you can try for recruiter positions where any bachelor degree and good communication skills would help. As a recruiter, you can understand the HR function and org. structures effectively and can move to different functions of HR while upgrading yourself with the required competence.
So, please do a self evaluation about yourself (education, experience, strength and weakness) and write down the steps that you are following to get a job. Focus to improve every aspect of your job search.
Right from proper resume writing, updating your profiles regularly in job portals, extensive search, interview preparation and so on.
Also, why you are looking for a reputed company? Can't you work in a mid-size company? Remember, you will learn a lot in small and mid-size companies than working in reputed companies. There are some disadvantages like, job security, work culture not to the industry standard. Yet, one has to go through these phase and learn to evolve.
My best wishes and good luck.
Regards'
Thiyagu

From India, Bengaluru
mvgayatrisilpa

Dear Thiyagua,
First of all i want to thankyou for giving such valuable suggestion, but i want to inform that i have done MBA (HR & Finance) specilization. Now i am working as a HR in a partnership firm (it is a marine company) where there are only 50 employees in all branches. we also get salary in hand without PF deductions ( we are not having any PF or ESI deductions). In my sence reputed company means, with good number of employees where the work for hr will be good enough to get good practical experience. In my company scope to get good experience in HR works is very less. so how can i get experience. I am a good student but not getting a good company to improve my practical knowledge. now a days job portels are also giving a fake information. before interview they use to ask Rs 2000-3000 amount as fees. I am very much confused were to find geniune jobs. Right now i am working in kakinada (AP) and now i am trying jobs at Hydrabad.
I know HR functions, HR functions ranges right from the recruitment to the retirement of the employees.
lastly i want to tell u that i am very much interested to work as a HR and gain profesional experience in this field. Not only reputed company, can work in any company where the HR work realy done. now a days companies are recruiting in the designation HR and giving the telecallers work. I am searching for a true HR work in a good company where HR work realy goes on
waiting for ur right and good suggestion

From India,
Thiyagua

Hi,
As the HR function in your company has very little scope, you made a
right decision of searching for a job. To gain practical knowledge one has to
get the opportunity by working on different areas of HR aspects with
the support of a mentor and guide. Without these, the practical knowledge and experience would won't grow at all.
The saddest part is job portal websites contact candidates for paid services in terms
of resume writing and job opening recommendations. At times, even if you opt for the paid services there is no guarantee that you will be referred to a appropriate openings from companies.
Market works for money, service providers (job,matrimony, e.t.c) have database of buyer and seller and they make money from both end. Technology and strategies have evolved a lot thus these providers are promoting their own products or packages to buyer and seller instead of promoting the buyer to the seller and vice versa.
Now, the choice is yours. Career is very important in one's life. If you are ready to
spend some money, you can do so after careful investigation about the service by the provider. You can negotiate also. This seems to be hard recommendation from my end, however, your current employment condition offers almost nothing to learn and grow. Hence, you can consider this as an investment for your career change.
Have you tried social media support (linked In)? Job Search can also be extended to Bangalore also.I used to google a lot and find list of companies, navigating the companies job portals and submitting resume and understand the market requirements.
From your end, prepare a lot right from search, resume and interview. Hope you will get a positive career change soon.
Senior colleagues here, can you offer some advice please?
Good luck,
Regards
Thiyagu

From India, Bengaluru
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.