No Tags Found!

Rashmi agesh

My name is Rashmi Nagesh, working in a private company from last 6 years and comes under ESIC. Now i am in need of maternity leave. My date of appointment in the company was 19/10/2011 and registration of ESIC date was 16/11/2011. In the month of October 2017 I approached ESIC to get the leaves from ESIC. They availed me some sick leaves as I was require to admit in the hospital. So my working days of November was 24 and of December it was nil. I already intimated my company through e-mail that i need sick leaves for a month. And in this situation my branch manager told me that if possible will continue these leaves with maternity leaves, as your maternity leaves are about to start. Meanwhile I got hospitalised and further, medical referee of ESIC told me to start maternity.
So I approached my branch office with maternity leave certificate, there i came to know that my in the contribution list of December 2017, it has been written that Rashmi has left the service. There was no contribution as i was on leave. Further I came to know that there was a miscommunication between branch office and the Head office. As i approached the HR of our Head office he told me that he will go for re-registration of IP. On the same day he re-registered the IP with the same insurance number, but the date of appointment is different.
So what to do kindly suggest -
1. My contribution of all 6 years will be visible or not? as my date of registration changed from 16/11/2011 to 01/12/2017, but it is also mentioned that my first date of appointment is same i.e. 19/10/2011.
2. Am I eligible for Maternity leaves for 6 months?
3. Do I get the reimbursement of private hospital in emergency?

From India, Mumbai
Harsh Kumar Mehta

1. Dear member, the payment of maternity benefit or any other benefit under the scheme of ESI Act, 1948 and rules/regulations framed thereunder is dependent on contributions which the said insured woman has paid/contributed and which is available as per records submitted by the employer to the concerned Branch Office of ESIC.
2. If your date of fresh appointment is shown as 01/12/2017, ( with another insurance number ), then it will be doubtful if you will eligible for sickness benefit (cash benefit for leaves) or for maternity benefit. Every insured person/insured woman must see his/her contribution under above Act and must also have valid PEHCHAN CARD under above Act.
3. Under these circumstances, as mentioned by you in your topic as above, it will be more better if you may contact the Branch Office Manager of ESIC to which you are attached alongwith necessary records i.e. your old PEHCHAN CARD, your pay slips depicting your deductions since year 2011. Hope, the concerned Branch Office Manager may help you in the matter. In my opinion, re-registration of any insured person with fresh date is not a good or valid option. If there was any mistake in records generated by the employer, the same could have been manually corrected by giving in writing and personally contacting to the ESIC Branch Office or as may be directed by the said office. With best wishes.

From India, Noida
Harsh Kumar Mehta

Dear member, I think, you will be eligible for maternity benefit in case your new registration shows same old insurance number and contributions for minimum old periods as required under said Act and rules/regulations framed thereunder . As mentioned above, hope you will discuss the issue with the concerned ESIC Branch Office.
From India, Noida
Rashmi agesh

Dear Sir, Thank u so much for the information.
From India, Mumbai
Rashmi agesh

Dear sir,
Kindly suggest me something for form number 21 also.
ESIC officer is asking me to get form 21 for maternity leave. But the concerned person is telling me that no such form is available with us.
Kindly suggest me
Best Regards from Rashmi

From India, Mumbai
Harsh Kumar Mehta

1. Dear member, since as per your remarks in thread as above you are in need of maternity leave, hence I feel that you should get yourself medically examined by the concerned doctor in the appropriate ESIS dispensary with which you are attached after showing them your PEHCHAN CARD. If found appropriate, the ESI doctor in dispensary will issue some medical certificate and you will be given 2 copies of the said certificate. One copy is required to be deposited by you in the said ESIC Branch Office and another copy is to be handed over to your employer. On the basis of 1st such certificate no payment will be made, since the said certificate will be 1st certificate and on all subsequent certificates, I think, the said Branch Office, ESIC will be required to make periodical payments, if you are entitled for the same.
2. So far as form 21 is concerned, I think, the same (as it stand at present) is not relevant in your case. In the past, there were amendments in ESIC procedure and laws and accordingly perhaps the number of such form has also been changed. But the Branch Office may be continuing the same old procedure. Therefore, it will be more better if you follow the procedure as may be indicated by the ESIS dispensary for getting such medical attendance and maternity leave.

From India, Noida
Rashmi agesh

Dear Sir, Thank you so much Best Regards from Rashmi
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.