No Tags Found!

jayarani.mba

Dear All,
I needs no introduction as i keep posting how to streamline things in my recently joined service organisation. Presently, i need to know about your suggestion in tracking & maintaining the fixed register in my organisation.
We have some assets which are under the possession of certain employees and we have no record on it. Ex. A dongle has been given to an employee , Paying for it every month regularly and after a year that it got lost 7 months ago. But he gave no information to accounts and even to his boss.
I just shared an instance with you similar is the situation for every other assets. Need all your immediate advise on tracking & maintaining the same.

From India, Madras
vini.wonders

Dear Jayarani,

You can start by sending a mail to all employees asking them to report all office assets in their possession (including ones already lost). You must tally them with your fixed assets register to make sure there is no discrepancy. After that issue them a form wherein they should acknowledge the assets owned and lost. Along side you should make a spreadsheet of all assets and give them asset tag - for example an IT Equipment bought on 15 May 2017 in Bhubaneswar Office can be coded as ABC/IT/0517/BBSR. In this list you should mention which employee has which asset, so you can have a centralized tracker of this. Its also advisable to put a sticker on each asset with tag - which will help in tracking and will avoid confusion. If you want you can set a threshold that assets above Rs. 2500 will be tagged with sticker.

There are some instances, i dont know if they are applicable to you or not but when an asset is exchanged or shifted from one employee's possession to other employee - this should also be tracked and acknowledged in the format.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Vin

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.