No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello Everyone,
I need help in understanding a doubt of mine wrt Maternity Benefit Amendment Act 2016.
Suppose a woman has applied for Maternity Leave as per old rules (twelve weeks leaves) and while she was on leave, this amendments are notified by Government and new rule of twenty six weeks becomes applicable.
Under such scenario, can woman (already on leave of 12 weeks per previous act before amendment) extend her leaves (legally) to 26 weeks per new amendments?
I am sure many people will have this question.
Any help/guidance on this will be humbly appreciated.
Thanks

From India, Mumbai
saravanan_d_

Yes. The employees currently in Maternity Leave will be eligible for the new Rule. FYI, the Gazette notification of the said amendment is not yet released.
From India, Chennai
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

The Maternity Leave will be for 12 weeks till the Gazette Notification is not released. If the maternity leave of 12 weeks gets completed before the notification is released then no extension provided as per the new amendment. If the notification is released before the expiry of the Maternity leave of 12 weeks the extension of 14 weeks can be accepted, as per my best view. Seniors please guide if wrong
From India, Ahmadabad
Sumita Mehta

Can we make the changes/update in our existing Maternity leave policy or have to wait for Gazette notification.Please suggest..
From India, New Delhi
saravanan_d_

Some of the companies has changed their internal Maternity Leave Policy... Even I come to know about a company which has sent a mail to all its employees about the policy change and they mention that they voluntarily initiated the change for "Women Empowerment".
Many Companies are waiting for Official Gazette notification.

From India, Chennai
Anonymous
Thank you so much for your time and replies. I hope after the release of Gazette Notification, companies will promptly update their policy and officially intimate the ones already on maternity leave. Hope that employee will not have to struggle to get their leaves extended as per the amendment.
Thank you once again.

From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
Gazette notification is already released. Please find the attached notification. Nishant Jha
From India, New Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Gazette Notification Matenity Benefit Act.pdf (890.5 KB, 788 views)

pca

This notification is just for introduction of the Bill in Rajya Sabha. It is not an Act.
From India, Malappuram
Dreams22
Thank you P C Agrawal, is there any hope to have this come to effect before the next Lok Sabha session?
From India, Mumbai
Shilpy101986
Hi Everyone, Please guide me Is this Maternity Benefit Act 2016 notification is valid one.
From India, undefined
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.