kckishore
Hello all.
My friend joined an mnc as a java programmer. He was told that his working hours are from 10am to 8pm with one hour lunch break( total 10 hours per day and its 5 day a week). Also his notice period is for 4 months. Could some one let me know if this is legal in india and what should be done in this case.
Thank you.

From India, Hyderabad
korgaonkar k a

Dear Kckishore,
The spread-over in the MNC of your friend is 10 hours in a day and working hours are nine hours in a day which does not exceeds forty-eight hours in a week, as you mentioned.
The company is within the parameter of law.
I wish other members to contribute on law.
As regards to your query on notice period of 4 months: If the company has certified SO with a provision of 4 months notice for termination of / resigning from the services, then only the notice period of 4 months is legal else not.

From India, Mumbai
dpattanayak

Dear Kishore,
You have not mentioned in which state you are, but as per West Bengal ( Kolkata) Shops & establishment act , the working hour in an establishment should 8 & half an hour in a day with one hour break, but the should not exceeds forty-eight hours in a week with one day off in week. You have 5 working days in week , it is ok. You can check it from net also.
As per as notice period concern it depend upon the organisations to organisations, its the management policy of retention.
Thanks,
Dpattanayak

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.