anil kaushik

Dear Friends, Do HR professional bodies really make meaningful contribution to the profession and its members? What is your experience and opinion? Regds anil kaushik
From India, Delhi
Cite Contribution

Interesting topic, few professional bodies are excellent in terms of networking. However, the results to courses or master class that are offered by them, remain inconsequential.
As learning need not be restricted to any specific body, any meaningful interaction is good to contribute.
Looking forward to the views from our experts and mentors.

From India, Mumbai
samvedan

Hello,

There can not be a simplistic answer as "Yes" or "No".

The constitution, structure, resources and action orientation of those responsible for the conduct of the "professional body" (just as values it espouses in the profession) will decide how it may or may not be able to contribute to the profession and its members!

As a general experience, success all organizations depends upon the level and quality of interactions among the members and the opportunities and platforms to interact it creates and of the mentors acting as the flag bearers of the profession/organization.

In fact my experience is that the professionals who occupy key positions in professional bodies actually determine its success and utility to members.

In short, the quality of human beings determine the quality of performance of the organization-be it a manufacturing unit or a professional body!

Trust this response will generate more interactions on this important topic.

Congratulations Sir in touching a very sensitive issue (to me-as mostly I am disappointed by professional bodies though I can also cite a few honourable exceptions!

Regards

samvedan

May 29, 2013

-------------------------

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.