No Tags Found!

sweetu11
I was told by my supervisor that my scorecard has been prepared for the first month and was shown my monthly scorecard. I was told not to share any details about my score to other fellow colleagues. My score is pretty good. Just wondering about what could be the strategy behind it that they want everyone to keep their score to themselves and not share with each other.
From India, Ahmadabad
Cite Contribution

A scorecard is a reflection of your improvement. The results would be best achieved , if you compare your current performance to your past performances. Retaining focus requires you to set new standards for yourself.
Thats how its best, if not discussed or compared with anyone else. The focus remains you!

From India, Mumbai
anil.arora

Well I would like to explain the following statement further given by Ms (Cite Contribution)

For you this maybe the right thing to not to share your scorecard with anyone else because you can be discouraged by many factors but it is also depends on how you take the things, understand and manage it.

Let me explain, If we are doing our work sincerely and our hardwork paying us by anyhow, or say we are being appreciating by our Boss/Seniors, we naturally discover many changes and developments in us on both professional and personal terms that actually need to be maintain, and also encourages us to perform more good in future. But it is not like, if we share our achievement with our mates and discuss or compared with anyone else, we can lost our focus on work but can see more completion and directed by other factors.

Appreciations/ achievements/success cannot also be hiding easily and it reflects in our work style, behavior at work place boosts our confidence and changes the attitude, though, it always demands to be positive with the things and very careful. Because, the amount of appreciation we earn and achieve something, the more we found conflicts at work place such as I told above we start seeing more completion, pressure and jealousy and other changes in mates / subordinate, gets more responsibilities, earn trust of seniors and more...

About Scorecard, which is a part of performance, management and gives us what we have achieved so far and what is required to mend or need to work with to get growth and esteem as well. It is said, If you don’t measure results, you can’t tell success from failure and thus you can’t claim or reward success or avoid unintentionally rewarding failure,” “if you can’t recognize success, you can’t learn from it; if you can’t recognize failure, you can’t correct it,” “if you can’t measure it, you can neither manage it nor improve it,". Ultimately, we have to learn from the things at every stage, every time to develop ourselves.

Now about the question and why you asked for not to share your scorecard with anyone because your very first scorecard introduce to you being a newbie which automatically says that you do not know how to manage these appreciations and results of your performance. You actually required being motivated to perform well and your confidence, which matters a lot at this stage here need to be maintain and you can be demotivate by the previously mentioned factors by your colleagues by sharing with them. Therefore, this is not just a question about to be focus but to learn from the things at this stage and obey the order of seniors.

Hope I have made all the things clear.

From India, Gurgaon
nashbramhall

Dear Sweetu11,
Kindly read the blog at Stop Comparing Yourself to Others: An Alternative to Competing with People | Tiny Buddha and then tell us why your boss has instructed you so.

From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.