No Tags Found!

Nav223
Hi,
I have come across a very weird situation in my organisation. Some of the employees are using the washrooms for long. Stretching it to half an hour or even more.
This has led to two difficult situations - One: other people have to wait a lot, the queue gets longer. Second: person not focusing much on work, less output.
It is understandable in certain situations if a person\'s health is not right. However this case is of a daily routine.
Please help!!

From India, Delhi
J S Malhotra

It's really a matter of concern for Employers! I believe there would be handful of such employees who would be using washroom for long! As you said if it is for health reasons that is understandable. Here, the situation seems to be somewhat different - the reason may be to pass off time or to avoid work. There is no rule or law prescribed prohibiting for attending nature call.

What I feel in this case that you must have identified such employees. Since these employees must be working with you for sometime now, you can see

their pattern of working behaviour. Whether these employee have been using washroom for extracted period since long or lately this trend has

developed. If there is a genuine reason behind it, i mean health problem, the same can be verified from the medical bills which they

have been preferring for reimbursement purposes if your company has the policy to reimburse medical expenses. Otherwise, these bunch of employees

need to be counseled to understand as to why they have been behaving in this manner. I think the problem can be tackled after giving a

patient hearing to these employees.

If this nuisance is just to harass then the same can be dealt under the relevant rules of the company with due consultation of HR expert.

I hope this information may be of some use to you.

Thanks

Regards

From India, New Delhi
Nav223
Thank you Mr. Malhotra for your kind support and suggestion. They proved to be a big help for me.
We made their super seniors to have a watch on them and found that it was a regular course just to avoid the work allotted. Also we had a healthy discussion with those employees discussing the issue indirectly and luckily they realized that they have been caught. We are now working on the criticality raised as to why they were trying to avoid the work (as if they were given a huge task or was it not under their KRA or anything else). Also trying to keep those employees busy in some or the other work (of course some interesting work) to increase their productivity in the firm.
Thanks again :)

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.