Sathyaish

Here's another actor added to this list. You're going to be surprised with this one. :-)
I recall vividly. It was 1993. I had just completed my 12th standard. That evening, we were watching television in our one-room rented house. I saw a man's face, unknown to me at the time.
He must've said a few other things in that interview, none of which I remember, but these words stayed with me. They made me remember his face. I didn't know why, back then.

Read the whole thing at Famous Actors Who Never Went to an Acting School

From India, Ghaziabad
Hiren50

Satyaish, What is the purpose of posting something like this in an HR forum? To my mind, it is to see whether the Acting schools are able to produce high quality actors(human resource/ talent) or not. I would say that some of the best and most successful actors are not from acting schools. This reminds me of what former Pakistan cricket captain Imran Khan(current politician) used to say in his heyday- "Pakistan has produced talented cricketers despite the system and not because of it as we have was no proper domestic structure like our Ranji trophy etc. "

I read in a book on CEOs how only 2% of the people make it to the top as CEOs when judged on the right perimeters. Whether business or acting schools, the issue is whether the talented individuals are coming because of the institute or their innate ability taking out which is incidentally the purpose of education. I have blog by the name "Make your passion your profession"- Make your passion your profession(Work prisoners and students) which reveals how people qualified for one field are super successful in another field depending upon their true interests and strengths. The education system to my mind is outdated which was brought out quite well by the famous movie "Three idiots" . Only training or skills based education and not teaching can bring out real innate potential and people's true working identity. That is putting things in an HR perspective.

From India, New Delhi
Sathyaish

You are quite right, Hiren50. Quite right about both, the purpose of this posting here and also about your views on education. We share common views. I have made quite a number of posts about the same thing, a recent one of them being this:
<link no longer exists - removed>
as well my remarks on learning on this page
Acting

From India, Ghaziabad
Sathyaish

Roughly around the time that the previous actor I have mentioned in this list, a Gujarati, was in the making, synchronously, two oceans across the globe, in another part of the world, destiny the sculptor, was effecting its purposeful strokes into shaping another fine actor, this one too a Gujarati, preparing him, as it were, to be chosen to bring to life on the big screen, the living portrait of perhaps the most famous Gujarati ever to have lived.
Famous Actors Who Never Went to an Acting School

From India, Ghaziabad
Sathyaish

In the last year, I have auditioned for and lost several parts in television advertisements and films. That’s something I understand is a part of the journey of being an actor and so I don’t get the least bit affected by it anymore.
In September 2012, I auditioned for a part in a mainstream, and reportedly low-budget, Hindi cinema (also known as a Bollywood) film. I am not going to reveal names because that’s just not going to be good sense on my part.
Read the whole account at: How I almost got a part in a Bollywood film

From India, Ghaziabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.