No Tags Found!

vviji75

Dear Friends
I am looking for some info about Dee shackles. Is there any formula / thumb rule to calculate the SWL of the same? I have seen some different grades of Dee shackles. What are the difference between those grades?
Thanks in advance.

From India, Bangalore
raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

Dear Vijay,
You are right in market lot of grades of D - shackle's available in market D - shackle grades are differentiated by IS standards, tolerance etc.,, (I am not sure) I don't have that much exposure in D - Shackle grades and different between those grades. Will discuss with some experts and get you all as soon as i can.
Mr.Vijay hope will get the solution from our active and senior members.
Thanks for arising a technical query on our forum.
Keep on asking. . .

From United States, Fpo
dipil

Dear Vijay
As per my knowledge no such thumb rule is there to calculate the SWL of Dee Shackle... In all the Dee Shackles SWL is clearly marked... So you can select the same according to this...
Go through the attachment on Dee Shackles... May be helpful to you... Do let me know...
Dear Raghu, Thanks for the posting. Keep up the posting.................

From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt Dee Shackles.ppt (3.34 MB, 255 views)

asudhir17

Dear Dipil / Raghu,
Thanks for the post.
I probably have IS standard for this.
I shall post IS Standard Number by Tuesday.
However as correctly said by Dipil, the SWL is makred on shackle.
Thanks Dipil for the ppt.
Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir

From India, Nasik
vviji75

@ Raghu: Thanks for the follow up
@ Dipil: Thanks for the PPT
@Sudhir: I have IS 6132. Thanks for the reply.
Herewith i have attached the SWL chart for the Dee shackle. But how to find out the grade of the Dee shackle?

From India, Bangalore
File Type: pdf Dee shackle.pdf (44.8 KB, 118 views)

Dear Vijay,
As per my understanding from IS 6132 chart (you shared) grade must be available from manufacturer we need to ask them whenever we bought such items. I never seen any grades write on Dee or Bow Shackles. Is it IS 6132 standard only have 2 pages?
Dear dipil,
Thanks for sharing a presentation with us.
Dear Sudhir,
If you have other than IS 6132 standard do share with us.
Keep on going. . .

From United States, Fpo
vviji75

Dear Raghu
My case is different. Suppose the subcontractor has purchased the items and hiding the details means how to find out the grades. He may hide or doesn't know the things. IS 6132 is not only two pages. But i am afraid that publishing in a forum may lead to any legal issues. If anyone need then i can send through mail.

From India, Bangalore

Dear Vijay,
You’re exactly right. What we are doing in our projects whenever we offer a work to subcontractor in our contract its clearly states they need to submit the required documents at least 14 days prior to commence work its mandatory. My understanding in our work culture also they need to submit required documents if yes means they should submit test certificate for Dee Shackles. You can get all required information; it’s clearly addressed on all test certificates (see the attached extracted test certificate ).
Just ask them to submit test certificates if they don’t have it you can get it from manufacturer, but you should need Serial # and manufacturer details (I know it’s very easy to say but very hard to implement specially in our culture).
As long as the IS standard doesn’t have a copy right material no one can’t do anything not only IS standard’s its applicable for all materials.

From United States, Fpo
File Type: pdf Test Certificate.pdf (153.3 KB, 204 views)

vviji75

Dear Raghu
Here also we are keeping test certificates. but meaningless. They get the certificates from some factory inspector approved person and the certificate showing just ID no and capacity of the Dee shackle. You can't find any other details in that. As you said, it is very hard to get test certificates from the manufacturer. The sub contractor doesn't want to tell the purchase details as they are not purchasing either from the manufacturer or original items. Simply they spend some amount and produce TC from the competent person.

From India, Bangalore

Dear Vijay,
IS 6132 is copy right material.
Please refer the page 18 on the same doc
Copyright
BIS has the copyright of all its publications. No part of these publications may be reproduced in any
form without the prior permission in writing of BIS. This does not preclude the free use, in the course of
implementing the standard, of necessary details, such as symbols and sizes, type or grade designations.
Enquiries relating to copyright be addressed to the Director (Publications), BIS.

From United States, Fpo
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.