No Tags Found!

octavious

DEAR FRIENDS

I HAVE BEEN MEMBER OF CITE HR FOR A QUIET A WHILE NOW. I HAVE BENEFITED LARGELY THROUGH THIS CITE, I KNOW MANY OF MY OTHER FRIENDS IN HERE WOULD ALSO HAVE FOUND THIS CITE VERY USEFUL.

BUT TODAY I WOULD LIKE TO BRING TO ALL MY CITE FRIENDS IN HERE A SMALL ISSUE,THAT I HAVE BEEN NOTICING FOR SOMETIME NOW.

I HAVE SEEN MANY HR PROFESSIONAL IN HERE ASKING FOR HR RELATED FORMS OR HR RELATED TOOLS AND MATTERS,WHICH ARE ALREADY POSTED ON THE CITE EARLIER OR ARE ALREADY BEEN MADE AVAILABLE ON THE CITE.

I WOULD REQUEST ALL MY FRIENDS TO DISCOURAGE THIS KIND OF PRACTICE. AND ENCOURAGE AND ALSO MAKE ALL NEW AND OLD MEMBERS UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF RESEARCH

AS HR PROFESSIONAL WE SHOULD TEACH OTHER PEOPLE TO BE INDEPENDENT AND NOT DEPENDENT

I ALSO REQUEST HUMBLY TO ALL MY FRIENDS TO STOP PUTTING UP THEIR QUERIES PRIOR TO DOING PROPER SEARCH ON CITE IN REGARDS TO THEIR QUERIES

THANK YOU

I HOPE MY FRIENDS WILL COOPERATE AND RESPOND POSITIVELY. I MEAN NO HARM NOR DO I HAVE INTENTION OF HURTING ANYBODIES FEELING,BUT MAKE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF RESEARCH AND SELF DEPENDENCE

From India, Mumbai
gauritomar

Dear member,
I agree with you to some extemt but this is a site used by beginner , juniors , seniors , students and consultants , It guides and support people and not to become dependent . Every individual can use their own creativity to explore various aspects of HR. By posting tools and ppts will not hamering creativity.
Regards,
Gauri

From India, Delhi
shreyasmunshi

Dear Octavious,
While what you have said has a lot of merit, I agree wth Gauri; the beginners or the newly joined members would need help.
Perhaps, you could take inititive and create a file or folder with various topics listed. Then whenever you or an experienced member sees the new comer's query, he or she can be guided to that file.
I think Peer Mohd Sadhar has been doing this good work for quite some time now. Knowlegeable people like you can join him and make a big reference source for beginners' queries.
Shreyas

From India, Mumbai
shreyasmunshi

Gauri, I agree with you.My response to Octavious is as follows:

User Attitude: 0

90 Points

Post subject: Re: HUMBLE REQUEST TO ALL MY FRIENDS

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:45 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Octavious,

While what you have said has a lot of merit, I agree wth Gauri; the beginners or the newly joined members would need help.

Perhaps, you could take inititive and create a file or folder with various topics listed. Then whenever you or an experienced member sees the new comer's query, he or she can be guided to that file.

I think Peer Mohd Sadhar has been doing this good work for quite some time now. Knowlegeable people like you can join him and make a big reference source for beginners' queries.

Shreyas

From India, Mumbai
octavious

THANK YOU TO ALL MY FRIENDS I AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID. AND THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT.

I SAID SOMETHING ABOUT BEING INDEPENDENT,THEN BEING DEPENDENT,I WOULD BE MORE HAPPY TO HELP MY FRIENDS,ITS A PRIVILEGE THAT I HAVE A CHANCE TO HELP OTHERS.

BUT BEING A FRIEND AM I BEING JUST,BECAUSE AS A FRIEND NEVER WILL MAKE HIS/HER FRIEND DEPENDENT BUT INDEPENDENT.

ALL WHO POSTED IN HERE WANTED OTHERS TO HELP BUT NOT HELP THEMSELVES,AND ABOUT ME PUTTING POST TOGETHER,I HAVE SUGGESTION PLEASE CHECK MY POSTS.ALL POST I HAVE PUT UP ARE ALWAYS IN COMPLETE FORMAT.

ONCE AGAIN YOU HAVE PROVED MY POINT,PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK

THANK YOU

AND ABOUT GAURI,SHE DON'T NEED MY HELP SHE IS SMART ENOUGH TO FIND HER WAY OUT,I AM SURE ABOUT IT

I NEVER EVER WANT MY FRIENDS TO SEEK HELP FROM ME,NOR CAN I TEACH ANYTHING TO ANYONE BECAUSE I MYSELF A STUDENT.DON'T FEEL BAD OF WHAT I SAY,BUT I WANT ALL MY FRIENDS TO BE THE TOUGHEST HR PROFESSIONAL IN CORPORATE WORLD AND NOT JUST BUNDLE OF KNOWLEDGE. I WISH BEST AND GOOD NOT ILL

From India, Mumbai
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

Dear All,,
I never say this,,
I always belive that in the following words,,,,
Teach a Person How to FISH, So he will get FISH till his end of Life,,
But if you him a FISH, he will get the FISH only on that DAY,,,
Regards
M. Peer Mohamed Sardhar
93831 93832

From India, Coimbatore
anil kaushik

Hi,

I agree with peer and octavious.

helping each other and exchange of ideas is the objective of the cite which members are doing whole heartedly, but point remains that before a member asks anything from group , first he should search the topic in relevant sections,if not available then he should make request.

spoonfeeding should be discouraged. By doing so, we will be spoiling their habits.

let me quote some examples;

minimum wages of haryana when revised were immediately posted on cite, but even after that , members usually ask to provide the details of same.all forms (statutory)are available in relevant acts and rules. concerned person can easily get it from law book shop, instead of providing pdf files of Acts and rules and formats ,

members shoild use cite to discuss issues which are not easily available.

i believe in sharing knowledge but we all should help those who help themselves.

these are my personal views and was thinking since long to express , today my friend gave this opportunity and i feel others are also concerned in the same direction in which i am.

If i am wrong pl. correct me.

regds

anil kaushik

From India, Delhi
Jeroo Chandiok

I agree wih Anil, Peer & Octavius.
By all means let CiteHR members ask for specific information on specific topics or throw certain ideas open for discussion. We are all ready to help or add our comments.
But there are those CiteHR members who want to be spoonfed to the nth degree. In today's mail, there is a member who has posted :
"i wanna a full detail about international finance...."
This is all he has posted. What sort of response does he expect to get?
Or someone else says 'tell me all about recruitment and selection'. How can anyone respond to such a query?
A lot of members who post queries like the above merely take up valuable space without benefit to anyone, let alone themselves, and deter and discourage serious professionals from responding to genuine queries and problems.
Please do think twice about wording your reqest for information/help, be much more specific in what you need, and you'll get the proper response.
Jeroo

From India, Mumbai
shreyasmunshi

Respected Anil Kaushik Sir,
I was very happy to read in your contribution that
"first he should search the topic in relevant sections". I must admit I did not know that such relevant reference sections are available on our site. Please guide me as to how I can visit such sections. I shall really feel obliged.
My interest is in two topics: "Train the Trainer" short programmes. Where can I attend? And secondly, guidence in "how HR can help in increasing the revenue of the organization ". Kindly help and oblige. Thanks....Shreyas

From India, Mumbai
Rahul Kumar

Hi All,

Everyone touched on a very pertinent issue. The forum can be better utilized by:

1. Resolving professional queries of colleagues

2. Sharing thoughts and views

3. Sharing the latest trends or happenings in the profession

4. Advising on problem solving/decision making situations

5. Latest legal updates or interesting case laws/landmark judgements for

all of us to know.

6. Providing conceptual clarity

If all discussions are thought-provoking and intellectually stimulating, it is all the more pleasurable for all of us. Experienced and less experienced professionals - all benefit.

Sometimes asking for an entire "HR Manual" or presentations copied for reproduction in one's Company may not be a great idea. It may not stimulate effective learning and self-doings. Many times, seniors may not respond to vague questions or for ones asking for forms/formats/policies, etc.

Seniors may be more effectively used to answer the above points than post forms, policies, etc. Less experienced professionals must attempt to do them themselves after they are conceptually clear on what to do and how to do them. An "I-WILL-DO-IT-MYSELF" attitude is important to hone up one's own competence and increase career prospects !

Cheers guys!

Rahul Kumar

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.