rjthiyagu
Hi All,
One of my employee had dual employment(For a week), now he resigned his job without notice. Can I ask for penalty of 5 lac for breaching the agreement(In the agreement there is a clause against \"Dual employment\". Or i can ask only for quitting without notice?

From India, Madras
tushar.swar

Hi rjthiyagu,
1) Dual employment can be say that, in case, any employee is working with some other organisation while with another one, but subject to on payroll of both the company not as consultant any of company.
2) As you said that, he has left the organisation & join another one. so, logically it can't say dual employment. in this case, you may try to get compensate for without notice or shortfall notice as per signed agreement from him.
But, second side of this case is that, if he has not relieved officially (in written) from company, in that, case, still he is relation with company as employee & employer. For legal things,confirm with advocate or legal adviser.

From India, Mumbai
kumaresank

-If "Dual Employment" is an act of offence under your company rules, initiate disciplinary action & do not settlement his dues.
-If the agreement has clause regarding the compensation, then file a suit for recovery of money otherwise you cannot.

From India, Tiruchchirappalli
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.