amitverma_hr
Dear All, can u pls let me know what is the validity of offer letter.and can we give offer letter to new employee when he joins and after completing his probation we give him appointment letter. Is it right. If no then please guide what is the right method.how to go about it.
From India, Delhi
Anayaat

Hi there,
Validity of the offer is what you give to it but it should not exceed 14 days i.e. the candidate has 14 days to decide weather or not they are going to accept the offer.
You give offer letter then the employee joins the firm after acceptance and the pre employment process is completed.
Note: Pre-employment process i.e. medical and security and previous employment clearance.
You give appointment letter after signing of the contract of employment.
After probation you provide employee with confirmation letter subjected to evaluation report called probation report. Usually probation period is 3 months which can bee extended to 6 months no more i.e. 3-6 only.
Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards

From Oman, Muscat
Shilpi1987
Dear Anayaat,
Very useful information you have given there. I have one more question in this regard that if a candidate accept that offer letter/appointment letter, then can company ask for the resignation to that candidate within 3 months. Or what's the rule that after acceptance letter company can not sacked out any employee within a 1-3 months.....any specific duration is there for this.
Ragards,
Shilpi
HR-Executive
Cell: 9693262956

From India, Calcutta
Anayaat

Hi there,
Once an employee accepts an offer of employment it’s a tow way process.
• How long will the company his joining will finish the pre-recruitment process i.e. medical check, security, sponsorship transfer etc.
• How much time will the employee require to go back to his organization give resignation notice and leave the company to join yours.
Its all about communication once the employee accepts offer you sit down and do the math and agree on the joining date.

From Oman, Muscat
ijsubhi@gmail.com
Hi there,
Validity of the offer is what you give to it but it should not exceed 14 days i.e. the candidate has 14 days to decide weather or not they are going to accept the offer.
You give offer letter then the employee joins the firm after acceptance and the pre employment process is completed.
Note: Pre-employment process i.e. medical and security and previous employment clearance.
You give appointment letter after signing of the contract of employment
regards

From India, Delhi
nileshpatil9
Hi,
Offer letter to be issued before joining the company.
We need to give the Appointment letter to the employee immediately when he joins, in which probation period should be mentioned by the employer.
Regards
Nilesh

From India, Pune
derek_dgomes

Dear Amit,
Offer letter is just an offer made to the candidate regarding to join XYZ company he can take some time to decide on the same and communicate to the HR Department the dates of his/her joining. It's upto the candidate to decide whether he/she wants to join the company or not.
Appointment letter is a letter given to the candidate once he/she joins the company some company gives it on the 1st day of his/her joining while some company give it withing 1-2 weeks different company has different policy regarding the same.
A company can terminate you if your work is not satisfactory on receiving feedback from your immediate supervisor before confirming you in the services. Probabation period varies from company to company from 3-6 months.
Hope i am able to give you clarity on the same.
Regards, Derek

From India, Nagpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.