No Tags Found!

simran2010
Hello people, I am doing my internship wherein I've to devise a system which will help 'QUANTIFY' the effectiveness of training given to the employees.
Please help me with a method that helps me do the same...also send me related attachments if u have any.... Thank you...

From India, Pune
Constellia.org
Dear Simran,
Woud you pleae elaborate a little on the "TRAINING" part? Different trainings are having different methods of measuring effectiveness.
e.g.
a hardcore technical training : you can measure the effectiveness by measuring man-hour output and with the ratio of productivity and zero defect mechanism.
a safety training woud have reduced accident rate and would be measured in a long term scenario.
a after sales service training can be measured by doing a reserch on customer satisfaction
a sales training can be measured by increment in terms of volume. etc.
If you do not provide the details of the training you are talking about, it's really hard for us to help you out with the actual method and procedures.
Hope you understand.
Regards,
Team Constellia.

From India, Asansol
Anayaat

Hi there,
Measuring training effectiveness can be dodgy sometime but the most effective way to measure training effectiveness has to have the following
•Comparing Learning outcome with what is learned,
•Compare what is learned with what is applied,
•Compare the application of knowledge in measure of productivity & efficiency,
You can create a training effectiveness evaluation form that can measure all these aspects

From Oman, Muscat
simran_2010

Re: Constellia.org
The 'training' that i've mentioned here is a informative/conceptual training. I am working in a company that manufactures pumps. So training is given about the specifications, selection and standards of pumps (Basic pump technology). Thus i want to quantify the effectiveness.

From India, Pune
sajid_rasheed

Simran

Results evaluation is the effect on the business or environment resulting from the improved performance of the trainee - it is the acid test.

For example:

Measures would typically be business or organisational key performance indicators, such as:
volumes, values, percentages, timescales, return on investment, and other quantifiable aspects of organisational performance, for instance; numbers of complaints, staff turnover, attrition, failures, wastage, non-compliance, quality ratings, achievement of standards and accreditations, growth, retention, etc.

It is possible that many of these measures are already in place via normal management systems and reporting the challenge is to identify which and how to relate to the trainee's input and influence therefore it is important to identify and agree accountability and relevance with the trainee at the start of the training, so they understand what is to be measured. This process overlays normal good management practice - it simply needs linking to the training input failure to link to training input type and timing will greatly reduce the ease by which results can be attributed to the training for senior people particularly, annual appraisals and ongoing agreement of key business objectives are integral to measuring business results derived from training.

Individually, results evaluation is not particularly difficult; across an entire organisation it becomes very much more challenging, not least because of the reliance on line-management, and the frequency and scale of changing structures, responsibilities and roles, which complicates the process of attributing clear accountability.

In your case it is more specific. What you are imparting is Technical know - how in the form of trainings and these can be evaluated with simple process implied in phases.

Stage 1 - A simple basic questionnaire on understanding of the contents, immdiately after the Trainings being imparted.
Stage 2 - Observation on the Shop Floor.
Stage 3 - Feedback from his immediate supervisors/Managers
Stage 4 - Client / Customer feedbacks & inputs.

Hope this helps you in your research.

Cheers

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
hrishi24184
Hi, You can circulate this attchment through all the trainees and can evaluate the result thereafter. Regards, Hrishi 9370969725
From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Questionnaire.doc (79.5 KB, 305 views)

simran_2010

Thank you so much people. Hrishi24184, thank you so much for the questionnaire. it indeed is a detailed one and of immense help. More documents are most welcome..... Regards, Simran
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.