No Tags Found!

avarna
Dear Seniors,
I've tried a lot ponder over this question but i could not reach to a convenient answer.
Please seniors, can you kindly share with me your opinions on whether WE SHOULD ADMIT A MISTAKE AT WORK.
Kind Regards
Avarna

From Mauritius
rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

hi avarna,
assume you have made a mistake and if it's been identified by the superiors, then the best thing is admit it. tell them that you won't repeat it in the future
hopefully they will forgive you

From India, Madras
htdesai

Hi,
Yes one should admit the mistake at workplace. But be polite and see to it that it is not repeated. If its repeat and time and again one has to say sorry, then that person will loose the confidence of seniors or collegues even if he is genuine person.
Regards,
Harshad

From India, Mumbai
MARLIA

After having committed mistake at work, admit it with open mind and learn a lot from it. By Marlia
From India, Madras
sparky

The crime is not making a mistake, it is not learning from that mistake. In my eyes admitting a mistake is quite correct....covering one up is fraught with problems.
From United Kingdom, Glasgow
avarna
Thanks Sparky, Marlia, Harshad, rameshbashyam and anonymousa.
I got 5 responses and all of you advised to admit the mistake.
I'll go for it....hoping to be forgiven.
Special thanks to Sparky whose response was quite motivating. Thanks loads.
Regards
Avarna

From Mauritius
Ash Mathew

Dear Avarna, Whats the mistake?? First identify if it is a mistake at all. and then go in for admitting...
From India, Madras
maheshb79hr

Hello Avarna,
If it a mistake and you did that without your knowledge then why to worry. You can just take it like "It's just a Mistake"... Admitting a mistake is a best quality of a human being..
I sincerely appreciate that you took this topic for discussion on to the mistake which you have done.. Rock on dude..... ;)

From India, Bangalore
nashbramhall

This reminds of the adage my father used to quote, "He who lies and lies to hide it makes it two".
From United Kingdom
SomGollakota

At workplace or otherwise, if you committed a mistake, admit it. Admiting mistakes is only a small portion of it though. Admit it, apologize for it - and when you do apologize, mean it. If you do something wrong, admit it, say sorry and do it again, there will be no value to your apology. Soon, you will lose respect and credibility.
If you do something wrong, accept it and sincerely apologize. Take responsibility for your actions that resulted in the wrongdoing. Analyze it, figure out how to make it right and do whatever it takes to make it right. And never repeat it.

From United States, Woodinville
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.