No Tags Found!

mxlsri
Hi all,
I work as an Asst manager-HR & Training at a software firm in bangalore.
I need your suggestions on this one.
I need to attend a training program on '360 D Appraisal" OR 'Assessment Development Centres".
I need help of you HR professionals.
Which of the above 2 skills is more relevant for HR managers? Is it ADC or 360 D appraisal???????
I have the option of getting trained in one of the above 2 topics, i need ur help in deciding. (ADC costs around 30K and 360 D cost around 50K)
MXL

From India, Bangalore
ashra

Hi,
I am not a pro but thought I’d chip in. in my view both 360 D & ADC are interesting and quiet relevant to HR. So I suggest you do some search with regard to this and identify your need. Weigh which subject is more interesting and applicable to you. Based on that you can decide what you should go for.

From Sri Lanka
V.Bala
Hi Sridhar
Both are essential for the HR guys. While 360 results out from the feedback provided by team members/boss/peers, assesment centres cull out the development needs through a battery of tests/lab process. In either case HR guy is involved more in "Feedback communication" and IDPs. I would suggest 360 as the first step and then teh other one.
Bala

paul58

Hi All,
I am Jo from Bangalore.
I do provide training in AC/DC including selling of a software that helps in managing the same as well in in 360.
BTW 360 design and feedback is part of DC.
ACs stand alone for selection-external or internal.
Wondering how to help you more in your decsionmaking.
Youmay contact me on 9448270474 or
Best wishes,
Jo

From India, Bangalore
poojabansal

Hi Sridhar,

I guess you should take ur decision based on your present profile. AC are usually helpful while intervieing new candy's & later in their development activities. It requires a high level of expertise. Since the interviewer/ developer needs to have special skills to review the situation during AC. It is an excellent opportunity to understand this concept.

360 degree appriasal is a form where u need expertise to design the questionnaire & create awareness amongst ur employees. Honestly, not a very difficult task if u understand the appraisal process. U could gain expertise on this by reading some good books & relating to ur organization. Secondly, this system is not yet used in all organization becoz to implement this in a company the people first have to be matured to accept feedback from their juniors also. Anywayz the system is a later part. See, I implemented 360 degree for an MNC company while I was doing my MBA summer project & it is successfully done. I could do it with reading, surveys in company already having 360 degree. If I could do it when I was myself only in training then after good experience anyone can do but with lot of efforts & intitiative from their end.

So I guess you should go in for AC. Widely accepted concept.

Regards,

Pooja

From India, Pune
aniruddha.wagh

Dear Sridhar,
Both, 360 degrees appraisal & AC/ DC are relevant for a person who is working as Asst Mgr- HR & Training. No doubt abt tht.
But 360 degrees appraisal is primarily collation of feedback from peers, bosses, clients, subordinates etc. As Pooja wrote, apart from designing a questionnaire there are not much technicalities involved in understanding the process & u can obtain knowledge abt it by reading some books.
I completely agree with Pooja. While conducting ACs, one not only needs to have interviewing skills but also needs to understand how to create a Competency framework (based on Competency Mapping) first.Also, preparation/ interpretation of different reports (Migration Chart etc.) needs some coaching. So i wud also suggest that plz attend a program on AC/DC. Just ensure tht this workshop covers A to Z of the AC/DC!
Do let us all know which program you chose to attend! All the best!
Ani

From India, Mumbai
mxlsri
Pooja and anirudh,
Thank you for the reply. I didnt realise that 360 DF was easy to implement, simply coz i have never done it. Now i think i will wait for other courses rather than do course just for the heck of it.
As for ADC, well, the course is pretty expencive (58K) so am not ready to invest so much.
My undersatnding of today's HR is that it has become very specialized, there is no room for 'Generalist role' in big companies. Dont you agree?
That was the only reason why i wanted to specialize in any one sub-system of HR.
my interes is in competency planning and performance managment. But unfortuntely no institutes in blre offer these 2 courses at present.
Thanx for the inputs yaar. please add comment.
Regards,
Sridhar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.