kevina
hi senior(s),
I need your adivce on how to utilize the employees who are on Bench...(free)
Ours is an IT company with the strength of 100
Employees who are on bench are Junior / Middle level,
These employees skill set is Average and the Project they were working on got over....
Unfortunately due to lack of guidance/support from their PM the project got messed up.
Now, my management is asking to relieve these employees as currently there are no projects in pipeline.
I would say the person who handled the Project (PM) should also be relieved as due to lack of guidance lower/middle level employees facing this problem.
But as u know Management will never easily let go Senior Employee.
Adding to this there is a question on their skill set also....but It's we who tested their skill set & hired for our company.
Kindly suggest me how should I handle this scnario...any suggestions??
This is very important, kindly reply ASAP
thanks
kevina

From India, Ahmadabad
ditti

Hi Kevina,

Seems we are sailing in the same boat. I am also associated with an IT company and have two employees who are on beanch for the past 1 year, one of them got some work on the projct but that also got over in just two months and becaose of their unique skill set their BMs aren't able to engage them.

Now as we have modified our HR policy, all our BMs needs to lock their team members in some project else attrition will hamper their variable pay (it is paid to them on the successful accomplishment of their targets and attrition is one of them).

So, in any case, their BMs will get them some work or will ask them to leave at the cost of their salary.

Regards

From India, Delhi
kevina
Hi Ditti,
Thanks for your suggestion!
But we are having extra resources even after fulfilling the resource requirement for all the project....
Giving a notice to some employees...will send a wrong message across the organization and this is not our company tradition also (we never did it in past (giving a notice straight away w/out even giving a chance to proove their skill)
Adding to this I joined this org. 2 months back only, employees might think after new HR we (employee) are getting notice etc etc.
I am really confused & worried :-x how do i convince the management.
Thanks
kala

From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.