No Tags Found!

M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

A man moves 5 km to the south direction. Then he turns east and travels 5 km again. Then he turns north and travels 5 km . He finds himslef at the same place/point from where he had started. He then kills a Tiger . Tell the color of TIGER

From India, Coimbatore
amitchaudhari

1) The person will not come at same place/point.
2) The person kills the tiger.Tiger in the world is of only two colors.
a) Black and Orange (Indian Tiger)
b) White (Non-Indian Tiger)

so,the color depends upon whether the person killled the tiger in India or outside.

From India, Mumbai
deepthireddy

Hi,
A person can come to the same point after travelling south,east and north only if he is at the North Pole....Antarctica.
And as far as my knowledge goes, there are no tigers on Antarctica and if there are, then the color of the tiger will be White.

From India, Hyderabad
deepthireddy

Hi Rajeev and Vibin,
Visualize the North Pole and then check. By travelling 5kms south, east and north, he would be making a traingle and not one side short of a square. So he would end up at the same point again.
For better understanding, use a globe, follow the latitudes & longitudes and see.

From India, Hyderabad
natashapb01
Hey Amit, I loved the way you wrote it...:icon1: as far as the description of the color of the tiger...an Indian Tiger is undoubtedly of Orange and Black
From India, Hubli
durga2

Deepti then we cant say he moved 5 km towards north rather he moved north west then only he can reach at the same point making triangle.
From India, Delhi
deepthireddy

Please check the globe. Draw a line from the centre of the pole along the longitude towards south then along the latitude towards west(this will be curved up and not straight as the earth is round, not flat), and then along the longitude towards north, it will form a traingle.
'North West' direction is not applicable to North Pole. This is because the longitudes converge at the North Pole. So, essentially, ALL the longitudes start at the same point. So, when you travel equal distances on any two longitudes, they lead u to the same place.
Hope this helped.
Mr. Peer, request you to kindly let me know if I am wrong.

From India, Hyderabad
parasurampur

It reminds me a quiz during my childhood.
It was ......
A man flyes into sky in an aeroplane (with sufficient fuel) and from 1 km above Hyderabad he goes 1000 kms east, then he turns right angle right side and travels another 1000 kms and again turns right angle right side proceeds 1000 kms and once again turns right angle right side and after travelling 1000 kms where does he reach?
What will be the answer?

From India, Hyderabad
amitchaudhari

Hello Deepti,
I can understand that the longitude gets converged at the north pole as said by you. Similar is true for south pole also.But the problem is directions do not converge.North remains north and south remain south.So the person cannot be at same place even though it is the case as expalined by you with the help of longitude.If it is the answer then the question is wrong. Because in the question it is not mentioned that whether the person travels straight or diagonal.
Other thing of considering is that why a tiger will be there at north and south pole where there is no food for it
Other thing is even if there is tiger the person cannot identify it because it will be white and will get matched with the environment and also hitting the target in so much cold will be very tough for him.
So please think about these points.
Bye

From India, Mumbai
deepthireddy

Hi all,
I am attaching a picture which wud make u understand the puzzle better.
And Amit, you are right that there are no tigers in Arctica or Antarctica. Thats why i said "if there were then it wud be white".
And whether the person is able to spot the tiger and is comfortable killing the tiger in so much cold is not the point here.

From India, Hyderabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: gif world.gif (3.1 KB, 9 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.