No Tags Found!

nanko_hr

I rejected in final interview 3 times.
One of the questions that is typically asked in an interview is "Why are you leaving your job?" or "Why did you leave your job?" Why are you leaving your job?"
They are argued heavily in this case what should i do?
how can i convince them?
what should i want to tell him/her?
pls give me a guidance
thankx and regards
Sagar Kalaria

From India, Kochi
vineeta81

what actually is the reason? you can tell us and maybe we can make out more subtle version of it! or maybe the reason you genuinely have could be good enough but ur not using it..
Anyway, generally the reasons given are : good growth opportunities, good career prospects, good profile, better brand name, better exposure, better learning opportunities or simply better monetary advantage!
But keep in mind not to criticize ur present company!
+ + +
u said interviewers ask "Why did you leave your job?" ..if you have gap in your career progression or you have left your current job then it will be a big demotivator for the interviewer...also make sure whether giving an answer for why u want to change job is the main reason for not succeeding at interview or is it sumthin else...i doubt there could be other reason/s as well

From India, Delhi
nanko_hr

thanx meenu
THIS IS THE MATTER
they ask me y u want to leave job?
i told him for better learning opportunity.
he replied if i selected you learn over here and after sometime its your routine work than what will you do?
another inverview
same question:
i replied him that they are not using Performance apprisal and mainly there are no developing in HR activities.
they ask me than waht u have learned?
what should i replied?
i know everything but i can't practise it in my company.
than they said it is not your experience.
what i realise that they argued heavily on my answer?
thanx and regards
sagar kalaria

From India, Kochi
shmkumar

Hi,
If you have at least good stability for more than two years with your previous employers you can tell that you will be interested for career prospective.
Regards,
Shyam
Career Forum - Career Forum

From India, Madras
Shikha_Singh

Dear Sagar,
Unfortunately, no matter how much people say 'always speak the truth in interviews' , the fact remains that nobody wants to hear the truth; thats why there are rules like never talk bad about your previous company, your boss etc...even when thats the real reason to leave the job!
You must understand that when you go for an interview, you are going to actually ''market" yourself, not to make confessions !!
This means that for such questions, theres no need to give the real answer, instead you must give the best sounding answer.
Give reasons like, I have learnt a lot in my previous organisation but I would like to explore more, get in bigger / better organisations so that I can learn and grow. etc etc.. Just sound very positive.
Hope this helps,
Shikha

From India, Mumbai
Shikha_Singh

Hey for this you can answer that.........By learning I mean learning from my day-to-day activities and not classroom trainings, thus once I settle in my routine work I will automatically learn from the work each day try to gain expertise in my work.

From India, Mumbai
sanjuztz
Hi

I think we r not leaving the Job bt the company....then Y.....
Every one talks abt growth and almost all offr bt y cant v go 4 a betr or best way to achive it...
Nt critzng the presnt one bt cn made a nice impresn atleast....

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.