No Tags Found!

Prabhudurairaj09
Hi All,
I Need Some Real Help Here.
I Have Resigned My Job Due To Personal Issue Where Employer Asked To Serve Notice Period But I Requested And Got The Waiver For The Same.
I Have Got Relieving Letter From My Employer Accepting My Resignation.
However Exit Type Marked As Involuntary.
Will This Exit Type Cause Issue In My Background Verification When I Apply For New Job??.
Please Someone Respond , I Am So Worried

From India, Bengaluru
umakanthan53

Resignation alone can be a voluntary exit from the perspective of employee's act and the exit at the instance of the employer like discharge, retrenchment, dismissal etc are only involuntary. To the best of my understanding waiver of notice requirements granted by the employer can not render the exit on resignation after its due acceptance involuntary. Perhaps, it may be a clerical error in the drafting. Pl. check with your ex-employer.
From India, Salem
Prabhudurairaj09
Hi umakanthan and Saswant sir,
To add at the time of resignation I was undergoing and disciplinary action was about to be taken. However since I don't want to wait for final outcome also I was facing some personal issues. I decided let me resign since I cant takeup all issues together.
I wrote resignation to my employer explaining my personal issue and requested to relieve me with waiving my notice period.
Initially my employer said not possible to waive off notice period, however post my detailed explanation employer agreed to waive of and relieve me.
That is how I got relieved. Please provide your insight on this please.
1) Is there any possibility that my employer can change this status from involuntary to voluntary. How can I write to them.
2) I'm so feeling helpless and worried this will affect my career.
As I have not been made aware such remarks will be made.

From India, Bengaluru
pvenu1953@gmail.com

From the facts mentioned, though disciplinary action was contemplated but no charge memo was issued. As such it cannot be said that disciplinary proceedings were pending at the time of accepting your resignation.
was your resignation accepted without any condition? If so, the communication itself should be conclusive to the fact the exit has been voluntary.

From India, Kochi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.