No Tags Found!

saswatabanerjee

Hi Pooja,

Let me give you a different point of view.

First, i think your company made a big mistake. They have appointed a fresher, with no (or very little / 3 months) experience as a manager in a new function. It does not work. They should have given you a Asst Manager position, or a Mgt Trainee position, reporting to a manager (an open minded one) and then upgraded your position as you work and achieve things. That way, the change would have come through an existing manager and a senior and would be accepted and by the time you get to an independent position, people would have known what you do and how.

Instead, the way they have done it, specially by giving same salary to a fresher as to people with 5-7 years of experience, you are doomed to face this kind of problem.

You said you are HR Manager.

Then you said your manager is not supporting you. Who do you report to ? There is a mismatch here. Is he actually your manager ?

Further, you wrote the people are giving you instruction and asking you to follow it without using your brain. If you are HR Manager and the only person in HR how can someone instruct you ? That makes no sense.

How did you take a hand over ?

Did you get an explanation of how things were done ? For example, did you ask the person doing salary to explain how they are doing it ? Did they understand that you will either be doing it so their work load reduces or that you will help in some parts, which again reduces their work load ? Or did you come as someone who is a threat to his job - that he has no work now that you are going to do that part ?

Now that you have already landed into the mess, you need to work around it. (Quitting is stupid, how do you know you will not have same problem next time ?)

1. There is a positive response from 400 workers and external persons you are interacting with. Use that positive and focus on it. Interact more with them and less with the negatives around you.

2. Continue doing the things you had started. Newsletter, notice board, participate in the fun days, etc. How do you know no one is reading the news letter ? there are 400 workers (as you said), are you sure they didnt read it or are not missing it ? Even if no one reads or appreciates, why stop ?

3. Reports that you generate and send to your director and to concerned managers, definitely continue. It is independent of the rest of the things. That is a basic part of your job. Over time, people will read and use the data (ensure you are accurate, else you will be in trouble).

4. It does not matter if a certain section (commercial team) does not accept you. They didnt give you the job. And they are not the ones who need you. You were recruited not for the small commercial team but the whole company, which includes (as you said) 400 workers who need and appreciate.

On the rest, everyone has given a lot of advice. you can make your own decisions from them.

From India, Mumbai
vijaya_kumar2011@yahoo.co.in
Dear Pooja,
Have you taken into confidence your boss ? while doing all the activities, please do that, first give all the credit to him, and do all the thing with his name,after that you see the change.
Vijay

From India, Madras
Binita B
Pooja
You seem to be a very hardworking and proactive person with fresh ideas and a strong urge to deliver. A person like you will be an asset to any organisation. But I am afraid in your current organisation all your talent will go into the dustbin. So while you continue to put up your fight against the rusty management in your current company, you should keep looking for better opportunities elsewhere instead of giving your all to this undeserving organisation.
Binita

From India, Calcutta
Bharghavi.D

Dear Pooja,
The negative energy always puts you down. Your self confidence is high and I understand you are a person with lot of energy & have an urge to do anything under the sky.
Do not think that you are of a low gender & point your self as low. Meditate for a while & take positive energy.
You are very expressive & also have magic of words which can turn any body on to your side. Use your negative character towards a positive change. Sometimes our minus points are also helpful to change the scenarios.
You need not please any body but have to please yourself. If you are satisfied with what you are doing you need not bother about any body else. Satisfy your ego & your inner conscious & the world is yours. Create your own world & you will be the happiest person. Donot live in the world created by others.
I strongly believe that you have the capability to handle this situation...!!!

From India, Bangalore
kascco
Pooja,
There is only one thing to do; let them choose either a window or an aisle seat...you have a support from your director what are you waiting for?? demonstrate your power!!!
Fire one or two guys who are misbehaving with you and you will see in a weeks time.
"They donot set out to be the leaders, but become one by the quality of their actions and intergrityof their intent"
Mohamed
P/Manager

From Botswana, Gaborone
milind.halbe

Hi Pooja,
This is very common, I had face many such situations, but my advise to you is, wait for good turning point. leaving a job will always torture you in future and what you are going to tell your future employer? If you have support from director then he also knows how difficult your job role is, he wants you to take responsibilities to make such change which he wants.
Like sreenivasan wrote, no body like change..but people talk a lot about it. When its come to execute no body wants to contribute. Born discipline is very expensive gift so do not expect from cheap people.
Make sure you are really honest with your work and get guidance from Director. Time is the only solution to solve this problem.
Thanks
Milind
Manager - HR

From India, Pune
shashikanth kanduri

Hi Pooja,
I totally agree with Sreenivasan, You should not give up. Fight until you success. Find a small team and try to be friendly with them and slowly try to implement you ideas. Before you implement discuss with your team, don't get frustrate, be calm and cool, take every thing positive. Listen all from all. Try to understand each department functions and involve. Probably you will get your time one day.

"who is a master of patience is master of everything else".
With best Regards,
Shashikanth.

From India, Bangalore
pooja3545_sharma

Hi All,

Thanks for good sugessitions !!!! I would like to tell you that I am fresher having only 2 months experiance for the post of HR Manager but no doubt have 3.6 yrs of total experiance. I am As Milind told that all staff members are talking about change but at the time of execution nobody wants to contribute... At that time I am the only one who used to fight..In the hirarchy we have Our managing Director then general manager and then Comercial head and Then me... So I have to report to Commercial head who is seniour one to trouble me.. He never gives me any work or guidance which I need... When I joined here, my KRA's was not defined... So I had a meeting with All of them that these are things which I should do and wants to do... like recruitment, compensation, training, performance appriasal... etc.. But for eg... I send a mail to everone may be 5 times telling that plz send me your Birtday and Anniversary dates so that we can celebrate.... Can u imagin nobody replied for that.... Even then whenever I com e u know about birthdays I only alone made all arrangements for celebration... No doubt at the end it was good but that commercial head started shouting we cant efford cakes and all.... Then then dont decorate cubes because u will use gum and cello tape which makes our walls dirty..... like that so many troubles on daily basis...Can u imagin they are telling me to put some saftey Iron very havey boards in company campus and told me this is related to HR Only... All the stupid things they started giving at me...I alone took the help of security guard to do this because everybody said that we are buzy ...i only have to do it/.....If housekepping lady is doing other work and not able to give water witing 5 mints they started shouting at me...I asked for MIS sheet they are not ready to give me that,,,,Production head gives me that...If i will ask for attendance sheet they will said its not updated ...If I will ask them anything they will tell we dont have time for u..I made a checklist of housekeeping lady and security guard then they started shouting at me...Even house keeping ladies which I changes now was not ready to lisan to me..I will give them instruction then my manager told them to do the opposit what i said to do...Before doing everything I used to discuss with my director and tooks his approval......But dont know what is gooing on.. About my CTC I deserve it ...As my director told me directly I know nobody like u cant work here ,,,,,,, But i know you are the one who can makes everything fine here.....U have that courge ....Thats why I appointed you ......

But yse good news that all workes called e today for friday fun ....Spl.. for me they sing some songs and shers ......

All workes told me to give them a promise that I am not going to leave ,,,,,,,,,,,They said u re the only one person here u cares for us and works for us...First time somebody came in this company who are working only for them.... If i look at them i really feel i must work for there development,,,,,But if i look at my profiles I am loosing relevant experiance... Till date they are not ready to share their salary sheet with me....... How much time I should wait....General manager , he is smoker always use abusive language,and have too much attitude... Even they dont want to listen my ideas..... When I stated working for Parking management I had a very big fight with all the staff members....Then I sarted for housekeeping then I had a big fight till date, I sarted for employee refence sheme then too much strugle........At looking alll this think i dont know how much i should pay to see that salary sheet and other reports.....and can start performance appraisal....

From India, Indore
Sravanthimagic

Hi Pooja,

This is sravanthi, me too very new to the position of HR when i joined i too faced same problem as you but slowly time solved my problems.

i hope your situation is very bad even though u r trying to do some thing to, organisation i appreciate for this don't loose your courage.

Now coming to your points as you are new your position your are very excited to do some thing that is right thing what ever you are thinking,mu suggestion to you is to give some gap after all these series of incidents some times time will show you the solution ,please have patience,HR should have patience as you told all other superiors are aged they will not compromise or convince for the new ideas because some times age will not accept the things so as you moved very friendly with workers same way you have develop a friendly nature with your superiors first of all you should know what is there intention exactly ,you better try understand them and know how they will listen to you ,every persons thoughts will be different so u make them understood in their own way, and one more thing as you told all others are male so male domination is more every one thinks y should we listen to a lady,don't feel stress think logically in their site now you are their enemy so try to make them come into your way slowly ,for some questions time is the best medicine and solution.so my best and best suggestion according to present situation you put all your ideas a side for some days listen to them and act as per their orders so that there is a chance for them to convince

slowly one by one implement your ideas make every one happy as you told only director will support you y not they because director feels that is his company but the other guys feels they are only employees working for money director cannot take an action because as they are working with him since 5 years it is not that easy to take an action by the director as he said be with courage,think in a way y they are against to me but not y they are not supporting me .one thing is clear that your looking too smart than them so they feel jealous of you so bring them out of that feeling by giving them more respect,obedience ,and use a sentence." i am so less experienced your very much experienced than me i should learn more things from you people" see definitely change will come from them.if u have any doubts u can ask me.

From India, Hyderabad
babisolmanraju

Dear pooja, I have tried to send seven formats as Management Information System reports.But the attachments did not support to send through this site.Still i am trying to send the same. Raju
From India, Secunderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.