No Tags Found!

Umit
We have installed 2 Liquid Oxygen Tanks. Each of them is 5,000lt. We have cooled at the first filling both of them. After the hospital start to use them we saw that consumption is really really very low. We have closed of them. And only 1 tank still not finished in 3 months. But on the other hand we start to face with vaporization inside the liquid tank as the pressure daily starts to increase un till the ventral opens and make an evacuation for safety. Is it normal? Or if we keep a 5000lt Liquid on a LOX without using, is there a standard of self evacuation because of vaporization. How much vaporization is in standards?
From Kazakhstan, Ust-Kamenogorsk
Umit
We didn’t closed both of them. We have closed 1 full tank as a reserve and other one for consumption.
Suresh Rathi

Your query is not understood.
Consumption is need based. If you mean oxygen flow rate, then that can be checked from ON LINE gauge .
Kindly clarify.
Do not keep one tank as reserve, use the two tanks alternatively , we follow this method.

From India, Delhi
Umit
Thank you for your response. Ok let me try to explain like that. We have a LOX 5000lt. We do not use it. 0 consumption. We willed it 3 months before. And after 3 months we saw that only 1,5 lore left.
There is no lease or isolation problem or vacuum problem on the tank.

The manufacturing company told me that, even the tank is isolated there will be some heat transfer still. And this will always caused some vaporization. And this will increase the pressure inside the tank. After the pressure comes to a certain level, tanks safety valve will open and evacuate the vaporized 02. And this process will cause the tank to loose 02.

Thats why i wanted to ask if you have faced such a thing. Is it normal at unused but full LOX tanks . In Internet I have seen a ratio of 0,15-3% daily vaporization is normal at such cases. Did you have such an experience?

Umit
Thank you for your response. Ok let me try to explain like that. We have a LOX 5000lt. We do not use it. 0 consumption. We kept all the valves closed. We filled it 3 months before. And after 3 months we saw that only 1500 liter left.
There is no lease or isolation problem or vacuum problem on the tank.

The manufacturing company told me that, even the tank is isolated there will be some heat transfer still. And this will always caused some vaporization. And this will increase the pressure inside the tank. After the pressure comes to a certain level, tanks safety valve will open and evacuate the vaporized 02. And this process will cause the tank to loose 02.

Thats why i wanted to ask if you have faced such a thing. Is it normal at unused but full LOX tanks . In Internet I have seen a ratio of 0,15-3% daily vaporization is normal at such cases. Did you have such an experience?

Suresh Rathi

Yes, loss will be there, even if left unused .
We have installed a PSA for our requirement and LMO /and Cylinders are for back up.
We have law in Delhi that all Hospitals are required to have their own PSA plant due to experience gained during COVID pandemic. That is the reason that we keep LMO , just as back up

From India, Delhi
aussiejohn

This discussion has no relevance to HR matters. It may well be better to post in Citeops.com forum instead.
From Australia, Melbourne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.