No Tags Found!

Shree patel
Hello Everyone. My question is regarding earned leave. In my company 21working days= 1EL is the rule. 1) EL applicable on notice period? 2) EL applicable during probation? 3) How to calculate EL? 4) calculation for encashment and settlement based on basic salary - can any one give me an example on it? 4) Maximum carry forward limit 5) maximum how many EL employee can use at one time.
From India, Pune
nanu1953

Reply to the queries are as follows:

1. As per Factories Act 1 day Annual leave / EL is entitled for 20 days of work. So far my knowledge goes under S & E Act there is no condition for earning EL / PL /AL. Therefore, 1 day leave for 21 days of work as per CO's policy is not following any law rather less AL / EL /PL allowed to enjoy employees.

2. EL applicable on notice period.

3.EL applicable during probation in most of the cases as per CO's policy.

4. EL is calculated on pro rata basis.

5. It should be based on monthly gross salary and act is also guiding in that direction.

6. Maximum carry forward limit is mentioned under Factories Act and Shops and Establishment Act. It may be also as per CO's policy but should not be less than Statue.

7. Maximum number of EL employee can enjoy in one time basically as per CO's policy. Usually employee may enjoy EL maximum up to his/her credit limit.

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah )
CEO-USD HR Solutions
+91 98310 81531
skb@usdhrs.in
www.usdhrs.in

From India, New Delhi
pasupathi.uma25@gmail.com

Please read Chapter V Section 26(1) (2) etc of The Tamil Nadu Shops and Establishment Act. The sub section (2) says about earned leave or Annual Leave. I am sure the other States will have similar provisions.
Let members read, understand and then seek clarification is my humble suggestion

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.