vinay22.professional

Now look at it this way, I think you have your answer by now, but just to make it easy, with an example,
Vision - To be among the top 5 producers in the world by 2020.
Mission - To break into the top 50 producers list in the world by 2007.

From India
swati.sri17
hi
Vision refers to the category of intentions that are broad, all intrusive and forward thinking. Based on this vision a company designs a mission. A mission statement is an organization's vision translated into written form. The mission statement defines limited number of strategic goals for a defined time dimension.
regards
Swati

From India, Mumbai
maniksona2

Hi

I am having slight different say on Swati's view. Basically we can not say that Vission and Mission has to be dependent on each other. They may be related or unrelated also. These statements are all together different attitudes of a same company. It is not like mission is to to give shape for vission or vise versa. They are INDEPENDENT of each other and related to the COMPANY as a whole.

I am giving Infosys's mission and vission as an example:-

Infosys' Vision:

"To be a globally respected corporation that provides best-of-breed business solutions, leveraging technology, delivered by best-in-class people."

Infosys' Mission Statement :

"To achieve our objectives in an environment of fairness, honesty, and courtesy towards our clients, employees, vendors and society at large."

Most of the Pharma Companies have either of the statements on their websites.

These statements alongwith the values are basically elements of company's bio-data. Some headings here and there. The words have same meaning as the words like objective, mission, vission, task, responsibilities, delegation, authority in the face page of our bio-data.

The meaning and perception of these words differ from company to company and person to person.

From India, Mumbai
maniksona2

Hi

I am having slight different say on Swati's view. Basically we can not say that Vission and Mission has to be dependent on each other. They may be related or unrelated also. These statements are all together different attitudes of a same company. It is not like mission is to to give shape for vission or vise versa. They are INDEPENDENT of each other and related to the COMPANY as a whole.

I am giving Infosys's mission and vission as an example:-

Infosys' Vision:

"To be a globally respected corporation that provides best-of-breed business solutions, leveraging technology, delivered by best-in-class people."

Infosys' Mission Statement :

"To achieve our objectives in an environment of fairness, honesty, and courtesy towards our clients, employees, vendors and society at large."

Most of the Pharma Companies have either of the statements on their websites.

These statements alongwith the values are basically elements of company's bio-data. Some headings here and there. The words have same meaning as the words like objective, mission, vission, task, responsibilities, delegation, authority in the face page of our bio-data.

The meaning and perception of these words differ from company to company and person to person.

Regards,

Dr Manisha

From India, Mumbai
sakshiwadhwa
ya right acc to me vision is the lon term goal which a company aspries for however mission is short term goals which u aim at achieving on current basis...
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.