shyamali

Hi Everyone!
There is something that I have been wondering for quiet sometime.
How do you deal with a Boss Who is not satisfied with anything regarding your work, is moody and irritable, and is simply whimsical and does not feel the need to inform you the rationale behind his decisions.
And even if you do make any attempts to communicate with him in this regard he simply thwarts all such attempts and mentions that there is no need for such communication.
Regards
Shyamali

From India, Nasik
sangjulie

Hi Shymali,
As the saying goes, "Try, Try untill you succeed". So keeping trying to communicate with your boss and try to get his feelings towards your work etc. At some point of time, he may come out of his feelings and tell you the reason behind his behaviour.
if not, then i think you should use Rajan's way. :lol:
Regards
Julie

From India, Hyderabad
shyamali

Hi Julie! I would have advised my friend to go THE RAJAN WAY had they given up easily. I guess they are too hard a nut to crack. :D :D :D Regards Shyamali
From India, Nasik
rohini

Hi Shyamli,
This is the part and parcel of Life
" PEOPLE" Most difficult to handle,people mamagement is the most imp thing in office life as well as in personal life
There is one saying
"PARENTS & BOSSES, WE CAN NOT CHOOSE , THEY ARE GIVEN TO US , WE HAVE TO MANAGE RELATION WITH THEM" IF WE MANAGE GOOD RELATION WITH THEM , THEN ONLY WE CAN BE HAPPY IN OUR LIFE".
So Cheers,
Handle with care, be diplomatic, be nice , forget the small things, keep focusing on your target,
Warm Regards,
Rohini

From India, Pune
himanshudhaga

Hi Shyamali,
In my personal opinion, ua should once put uri foot down and make it a point to clarify certain points with ur BOSS. Before this let me tell u that this can be achieved only if he is moody and not dissatisfied with u.
If i would be in this situation, I would certainly write to him (if he is not ready to communicate verbally), and ask him to spend an hour with me to make certain things clear. And then in that time u should make things clear to him about ur expectation from him as a BOSS and also listen and try to live by his expectation of an employee.
I believe there is nothing more important then the self respect and self esteem. And anybody trying to disrespect it should be communicated about the effect it is having on u and the hinderance it is causing to ur progress.
The best thing is to make it clear to ur BOSS that it is hampering ur growth and ur attitude towards work is getting affected due to this behaviour.
Rgds
Himanshu

From India, Mumbai
bus2perf

Shyamali, One suggestion re lack of communication is that you highlight to him the impact that lack of communication is having on your effectiveness as an employee. For example, “When you don’t let me know who you are going to send the report to, I won’t be able to adjust the format to their preferences.”

Re the continual complaints about your work, ask him to say specifically what is not right about it so that you can correct the deficiency for next time.

My feeling is that your manager has other longstanding and personal issues going on, or that his behavior is just a reflection of his personality and longstanding habits. Because it’s unlikely you can have any impact on his personal problems and/or his deeply entrenched habits, it’s also unlikely that you will have much impact on his behavior. To do this, you would need some political weight in the organization and you would need to be the type of person that he respects.

As the other contributors have already said, when it gets to the point where you can’t stand it any longer, it’s time to look for a new job.

Vicki Heath

Human Resources Software and Resources

http://www.businessperform.com

From Australia, Melbourne
Ramya.Vineeth
Well well i think giving up is nothing but escapism. I think like the some of the gang say try try till you succeed.
In one way it is an experience and you really turn out to be the best in the worst situations.. So i guess maybe we should accept it as a testing time for us not for the boss... :D

In future when we work else where and unfortunately we find these kind of speciment we would know by then how to handle them.
Quitting is the last option. :)
:wink:

From India, Bangalore
mail4annu

Hi Shymali
There are times that you try and try and try again, but the nature of the individual is such that he cannot look at the good things in situations.
So when you realise that you are almost on breaking point and its affecting your way of work and your contribution, it makes no sense to continue further. Its important retaining your mental health while at the same time giving the best shot that you could ever possibly give.
Regards
Anu

From India, Bangalore
shyamali

Hi All!
I am really pleased with all the enthusiasm that you have shown in the problem.
I cannot but agree with all of you. However I seemed to have missed out an important element that Vicki has rightfully pointed out
I would like to thank all of you for your suggestions.
Yours Sincerely,
Shyamali

From India, Nasik
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.