pramod

Hi Soms, I do agree with you, HR does contribute for the revenue, HR is responsible to control attrition and adopt retention strategies, The recruiters should work by seeing themselves as HR proffessionals, But nowadays People themselves promote as Telemarketers or part of marketing team, There si a part of Marketing, but it is not just selling a position, but but Selling a position to the right person. We need to choose the right customer. Thatz where HR and Marketing differentiates in Recruiting.
Humors have to be taken as Humor still they have Moral !! which we need to identify!!
Thx
Pramod
Bangalore.

From India, Bangalore
soms23

hi,
first of all, iam sorry if I have hurt anybody. I did not take it personally, but I guess my tone was harsh. but i did not mean that. Its just that I have been thinking on this for quite some time now. In fact I happend to leave my previous organisation also due to this reason.
But fortunately, in my present company they are open to incentive for all the dept. incl the HR and also the R & D dept. It is also one of my KRA to suggest the incentive patterns.
Iam working on it and shall soon come up with something positive.
regards,
soumya shankar

From India, Bangalore
lalita
Hi Soumya!
You needn't be sorry....it's ok....
From your reaction, we can surely make out that you're very passionate about HR....and that's a positive sign....why be sorry about it??? :)
You were saying that you left your previous organization bcoz of "this".... may I ask what you were referring to as "this".... in the context of your post it could be interpreted in two ways....
1) due to lack of incentives
2) due to your harshness :wink:
And hey, do let me know if you manage to work out parameters for incentivized HR pay....
Cheers!
Lalita

From India, Madras
nayantara
Good one! Brings a smile to my face.. so all us HR folks will finally get our just dues!! :wink:

soms23

Lalitha,
'This' means HR dept being considered 'unproductive'. The entire staff would get incentives except me and you won't believe I was the only person not to have a mobile, when I was managing 200 employees. Its the partiality that hurts.
I mentioned 'this' referring to our topic of importance not being given to the HR dept.
Regards,
Soumya Shankar

From India, Bangalore
pramod

Hey Sowmya,
This really sucks, but There should be some reason why they were doing that.. Were you a fresher, Cuz I am here fresher and I have joined here on the contract basis, So Even I am not eligible to enjoy all the incentives as the permanent employees enjoys. If you were not a fresher, then I agree it was
done with intentions or you did not approach to claim your benefits.
You should be knowing the reason WHY?
Pramod

From India, Bangalore
lalita
Hi Soumya!
That's sad to know yaar....
Why that discrimination between you and the others? If this kind of prejudices exist in a company, employees are bound to be dissatisfied.... no surprise that you quit! In fact, it's good that you left! Probably now they must be crying over the resource that they've lost! :wink:
In our company, fortunately, this does not exist.... people in the executive cadre do not get incentives for the first 6 months, after that they too are eligible for incentives along with the rest of the employees....of course, the % differs.... so that wat round, our HR guys are pretty satisfied....
Don't worry....everything will fall into place....it's a matter of time I guess....
So keep smiling! :D
Cheers!
Lalita

From India, Madras
Hemant

Hi Lalita !
Hmmm.... there seems to a confusion here.... you said that u would be interested to know or may be work out a framework for incentives for HR. And now you say that your company's HR ppl are quite satisfied and you (u r company) have a incentive program...
How come ??????

From India, Pune
CHR

Okay... let's not continue bashing this around. HR has a very major contribution to any company otherwise companies won't spend so much on maintaining such a department. The company I work for [a startup] is having major problems retaining brilliant programmers because of the lack of a good human resource section. Recruiting, training, motivation and retention help strengthen the backbone of any company.

The philosophy that many of the other departments believe in is partially due to the fact that HR is more an organizational function, which inadvertently leads many a cynics into criticizing the whole function of such a department.

Yes, there are often times when the whole function comes across as a mere gimmick to.. say a programmer... but you need to understand that criticism is something which needs to dealt with rather than criticized itself. Come to think of it the only times the operations people come in proper contact with the HR folks is either during appraisals or trainings or seminars or some fun get-together, so they fail to see many of the things which have gone into building the organization which supports such features.

Soms I am glad you left that place. It was unfair practice and if it had been in the US or UK you could've sued them and made a million out of it. Relax and concentrate on your work. There are many many great companies coming to India and I am sure you will get a great break somewhere soon.

Regards,

CiteHR Admin

Quick tip: m-w.com is the easiest way to access a dictionary online.

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary ;)

From India, Gurgaon
Rajat Joshi

Hi Folks,

Am visiting this site after a gap of few days..am very happy to see the depth of discussions & opinions shared by all..great Keep it UP!!

Well someone said that we guys(HR) tend to put the rosy picture..yes it's true to some extent as it is inherent in all of us..am sure we all at somepoint of time have put our best foot forward while interacting with the guys/gals during the initial courtship days..hey be honest about it.same attitude is reflected as well..

One fact i would like to highlight we HR professionals have to be passionate about the job we do..no what matter what tasks or assignment are given by the management..last week i recommended my client who had just hired a person in a senior management position to do the two things:-

1. Invited him to workplace and get him to the feel the environment/culture.

2. Recommended HR deptt to send his visiting cards home prior to joining the office and on the end of his first day - request him to take his family out for dinner and bill the company for same.

Perhaps this may help to curb the rosy picture..for this HR has take strategic role in advising the Management.

Cheerio

Rajat

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.