yogesh-gautam
Hello everyone
I have a query related to leave encashment.
I left my previous organization 19 days prior to completing one year. Hence, I am told by my employer that I am not eligible for leave encashment.
It would be of great help if any member of this forum can guide me on how get my leave encashment amount.
Thank you

From India, New Delhi
Madhu.T.K

It is after completion of one year service that an employee is getting credit of earned leave. If you have left service before that they can refuse to credit it, and, obviously, if no leave is available in your credit, how can you get it encashed?
From India, Kannur
yogesh-gautam
Thank you for your input Madhu ji
From India, New Delhi
V.D.PATEL

According to the Shop & Establishment Act, an employee who works for 20 days in a month is entitled to one day of earned leave. However, this earned leave will only be credited to their account after completing one year of service to utilize as per the rules set by the company or organization.
However, in case an employee resigns or leaves their job before the completion of one year, they will be eligible to receive the earned leave that is accumulated to their account, which can be encashed to them.
The one-year completion rules are implemented by organizations to minimize absenteeism.

From India, Vadodara
Madhu.T.K

For giving credit, service of one year or 12 months, is mandatory. Once completed 12 months or 240 days, obviously, one will get credit of 12 days or one day for every 20 days worked in the preceding year is what is provided under most of the Shops Act. Please refer to you state Shops Act for clarification.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.