No Tags Found!

2rsppl
Hi,
I work for a software consulting company. I had agreed to a 3 month notice period at the time of joining. Due to a personal crisis I have to leave for overseas.
I was working on a project and I resigned. I spoke with my manager who suggested that I complete the project work first and he will assign a replacement resource.
I finished the work by putting extra effort. I was taken out of the project and another resource was assigned in my place. I am now on the bench.
When I asked HR to relieve me they are asking me to serve my pending notice period (45 days) or pay them more than a lakh rupees!
I really need to fly out due to my crisis. I also dont want to leave without my relieving letter. Can anybody suggest how to deal with them and leave early?
I ofcourse dont want to pay. I am not even causing them a financial loss as I have completed the project work and am on bench. Keeping me on the bench is a cost to them actually!
They asking for money...is that eve

From India, Hyderabad
Ashoknegidi

Hi,
your HR-department perfectly working in right manner, we cant over come the policies but ask your project manager to deal with same issue ,
show the genuine reasons how did you work to complete the project and you can find the better way and you can negotiate the on notice period even HR is not listing you manager words you & your manager to go and meet the MD or ceo who had established the org or who can have the authority to take final decision on the same

From India, Hyderabad
tajsateesh

Hello,

You seem to be 'conveniently' missing out a few aspects.

1] Your Present 'On bench' status: You seem to be focusing on the status per-se but forget HOW you came to this status in the First Place. Wasn't it YOUR RESIGNATION that prompted this status? Would your Manager or HR have put you on Bench in the 'normal' scheme of things?

2] W.r.t. the HR's remarks ".........asking me to serve my pending notice period (45 days) or pay them more than a lakh rupees!": Pl note that HR is asking you to pay-up for the balance Notice period that you don't intend working in this Company. Frankly, your Company seems 'fair' vis-a-vis many other Companies--who take totally arbitrary stands on such issues.

Having said this, how did HR arrive @ the 1 lakh figure? This looks a bit offbeat--UNLESS your CTC is >9-10 L p.a.

3] I am really surprised at your statement "I am not even causing them a financial loss as I have completed the project work.......". If you did COMPLETE the project work, why did your Manager have to assign another resource in your place? You completed the project work ONLY to the extent NEEDED to relieve you from the project--AGAIN due to your resignation & NOT because the work was finished from the overall project timeframes/schedules perspective.

Frankly, your line "I ofcourse dont want to pay" only conveys [or rather 'betrays'] the impression that you 'seem' to have taken things 'for granted', rather than checking out ALL the aspects BEFORE you resigned.

Another view that gets conveyed from your Posting is: typically the reason you mentioned for going overseas ['personal crisis'] is similar to the standard reason given by those who want to join overseas jobs....and attempt to rush thru the resignation process domestically. I hope your case isn't like that.

The fastest way to resolve your situation is:

(1) To get clarity on the amount [1 Lakh]--HOW it was arrived at [& is it in line with your Offer / Appointment Letter]--that HR wants you to pay (2) Pay-up (3) Take/collect your Relieving Letter & (4) Move.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.