sandeep349

hi kaviha... you surely can be a good faculty... you just need to clear p.hd and NET... you can be directly placed as an assistant professor.... wishing you every success regards sandeep
From India, Pondicherry
rdsaptha
Kavitha Madam
Madam, M.Phil and Ph.D are just to ascertain that you have the right qualification to teach at higher levels. For to get into teaching profession, what one needs is the passion and the ability to shape the students in the right direction. Frankly speaking,the positions given to faculty are based on their qualification. There are many Ph.D holders who dont have the right essentials to become Prof/Asst.Prof. I have nothing against Ph.D holders. What i see is undue importance is given to Degrees rather than talent.
Sapthagiri

From India, Bangalore
cute_universe
to sandeep. Can you help me out in NET exam preparation. which book to refer. and how much marks to obtain to clear out the test
From India, Mumbai
Cite Contribution

Greetings,

A hearty thanks to everyone who have been contributing to this thread. Its evolving as a live manual for a preparation to this coveted role. Teaching is very student's dream role. Sharing the knowledge what we gain from our education and professional experience is a duty. Disseminating it purposefully remains the goal. During our MBA program we were taught about the learning cycle. One , interesting explanation was as follows :
  • Learn a new skill.
  • Implement it, improve upon and innovate if required.
  • Teach few about the unique learning that you gained during the process. Enable them to perform and learn from their implementation in those unique environment.
  • Finally write down the reflections that you have gained in this final stage.

We had a program , called study groups where we used to help each other work on their projects which are different from ours , often beyond the limit of our course. It was an excellent program enhancing learning from the cohorts. It was session like those which made us learn how to understand someone else's learning requirements and enable them.

I guess a continuity of such effort even during our professional career , prepares us towards it . Enrolling for a Faculty development program, the basic level for novices, is quintessential . Offering an internship to a faculty is the ideal way , though its difficult to get through.

The entry is not easy , and should not be as the preparation needs be completed, before delivering as a faculty. My question is how do interested participants, staying in remote location avail it and begin their journey towards this profession.

I would look forward to further contributions to this discussion.

Regards,

(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai
nashbramhall

Dear (Cite Contribution),
Thanks for your observations.
A company is Bangalore said that they may be able to conduct webinars. I think it is quite expensive for individuals to set it up. However, as I do, we can use the Private Message facility or Skype to have conference and help a few.
Have a nice day.
Simhan

From United Kingdom
Cite Contribution

Dear Sir,
Thankyou so much for the guidance and support. That would be a great help to everyone who wants to prepare. I have marked Garima. She is looking for this preparation. Hope she connects to this discussion.
Garima's Post
Regards,
(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai
rajachandna
even i am planning to go into teaching, i have nearly 3 years of experience in Industrial relations, and prior to that 2 years in hotel operations.
I dont have any Doctorate though.
Is it still a good option?

From Japan, Tokyo
krishnamm09
Hello!
If u want to enter into academics, first & the foremost thing u need to do is u shud get passed in NET or SLET exams. And then u ll b eligable for lecturership, without getting passed in this exam if u start working as Guest Lecturer means its of no use & u wont get settle in ur life.

From India, Bangalore
krishnamm09
U r not going to get doctrate just like this, its a matter of 4 years. Atleast try to pass in NET or SLET then it ll b easy for u to get doctrate.
From India, Bangalore
cute_universe
TO KRISHNAMM
Please help me in NET/SLET preparation. i want to prepare NET in HR/personnel mgmt/IR subject. which book to refer?what is the passing score for NET/SLET. And any other useful info abt NET/SLET that u can give

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.