No Tags Found!

tajsateesh

Hello Ajay Kumar,

While (Cite Contribution) & Navneet has given good & realistic suggestions, why not 'begin @ home'?

To elaborate, are the 5 males in your Group/team too--OR from another Team?

If the former [your Team], then it's best to talk to them....separately & together.

If from another team, then you could speak to the Team Lead of that Team....OR discuss the matter to HR & let them handle this.

While such behaviour COULD be just a prank/fun, as (Cite Contribution) suggested, the problem in such situations is this: one never knows when a prank could turn nasty & serious. It's a fine line & quite often even the culprits [IF they can be called thus] wouldn't be able to notice the change even as the situation develops....UNLESS it's nipped in the bud--IF NOT preempted altogether.

All said & done, let's remember one facet of human psychology. If someone doesn't want to do something, then he/she WILL FIND ANOTHER way to avoid it if instructed/forced to do it.....in this case helping the female colleagues. The realization has to come FROM WITHIN each of them.

One way to ENFORCE/ENCOURAGE this change is to circulate the news within the Company....WITHOUT taking any names. Obviously the names will come-out when the incident begins to get discussed.

Usually in such circumstances, EITHER the force of publicity within the peer group/Company OR a genuine realization ensures change in such individuals.

@ a macro level/scale, the best & the nearest example would be the Nirbhaya case--that forced the Govt of the day to bring-in new Laws, although they claim credit for bringing such a Law [as is the wont of politicians].

Police, Pepper spray, etc would be the Worst-case-Scenario response mechanisms, but why look far when the guy in the next seat doesn't really care?

Looking @ it from a strictly Crime/Police point-of-view, I WOULD SURELY ASK the passengers in the car as to why did the male colleagues NOT respond/help--were they in collusion with the guys who were resorting to such behaviour? So from this angle, it's ALSO in their interest to intervene when their female colleagues are in trouble. I can understand that it COULD be fear had there been just one male colleague [though that too CAN'T be an excuse for inaction]....but here there were 5 of them.

And when colleagues can help-out & handle the situations, wouldn't that ALSO be a great way to inculcate a sense of belonging within the Company--from the HR perspective? And I guess it doesn't take an Einstein to figure-out the advantages/effects to the overall Organizational Culture/attrition-rates with employees having a strong sense of belonging & satisfaction--that the Company & Colleagues CARE.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
s9consulting

Good Evening Mr.Ajay,
Sad to know about your precarious situation and this needs to be addressed on war footing. These are few of my suggestions , please note and share if you like it.
1. Make it a mandatory H.R.Policy for other male members / cab driver to drop your female staff to their doorsteps and see that their parent/ warden is present when they are dropped and take the ack signature and keep proof of the same
2. There are very good apps on android namely Nirbhaya etc
3.Ask your female and male colleagues to send an sms or whatsapp once they have reached safely
4.Ask the girls to keep a pepper spray and also keep their cell phone on GPS mode as they finish their shift and ask them to give a speed dial police number on their phones
5.Very important , yourself should go along with them and see if there is a pattern in the stalking the girls , videograph it silently and lodge a complaint in the nearest Police station and take ack.,
Hope this was useful
regards
ashwin

From India, Hyderabad
Ashwani.Kumar14

Hi Ajay..
There is a term in respect of pick n drop of female employees ie FFBLD (first female board & last drop). In this case the security staff (a guard or sec sup) must b present in the cab.
Try to establish a security control center in ur organization (if not), hav a toll free landline number n circulate between all employees, in case of any type of emergency, they can call on that number.
Same time inform the nearest police station on receiving such type of calls.
For action against male employees, they r not trained for such situations so there is no issue of taking action against them. But u can motivate the team as a coworker they should help each others. Take necessary precautions, when such type of incidents arrives.
Thanx n regards !!

From India
Rahul Gowda

Hi Ajay,
In order to curb such future incidents, i suggest you inform to your management to provide door drop atleast for the female employees who are availing the transportation service from company.
Rgds,
Raul Gowda

From India, Bangalore
ravi5554

Hi,
Please Don't ask like this questions in Forum because whatever question you asked and whatever reply you got there is no meaning.
and who replied your query i think all they are doing timepass in this forum otherwise which question answer they don't know then also they will answer like Legal Experts.
ask the question to your management they will give you better answer then forum members.

From India, Mumbai
nkulsh

LOL ... Wow that's an interesting perspective about Forums in general and this forum in particular... My sincere advice to most people in any forum is to always check a person's / Forum's credentials before making strong statements... Every one of course is welcome to their own personal opinion about things and i'm sure every one in this forum is wise enough to decide if the opinions being expressed is useful or not...
Having said that, im quite intrigued by what, in your opinion, should be discussed in a forum...
I look forward to your opinion on what should be discussed in such forums as this..:-)
Cheers
Navneet

From India, Delhi
ravi5554

Dear Navneet,
i think your background is not from HR.
Which thing you know well answer for that not to this query, it shows intentionally you want to showoff.
its not Hr related question that query is general. it shows timepass

From India, Mumbai
Cite Contribution

Dear Aditya - Ravi 5554
With all due respect to the contributions that you are making, please refrain from making any personal comment.
We are equally grateful to everyone who is making an effort to contribute with a solution. Hence, lets stand to respect.

From India, Mumbai
nkulsh

LOL... Think Again!!! Any query that is related to safety of anybody can’t be general and it doesn’t require the so called "HR" to have an opinion. Incidently what is HR ?
From India, Delhi
vini.wonders

Staff welfare (includes safe and healthy environment for employees) is definitely part of HR. Before you start blabbering, pls get your facts right sir!
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.