Khilji
Well, I started my banking career in 2002 from Citibank
Worked for her for 5 years than joined Bank Alfalah.
Worked for her for 8 years and joined Standard Chartered Bank
Worked there for 1.5 years and joined Silk bank
Having had almost 15 years of banking career I switched my industry and started working for EFU Life insurance
I worked there for 3 years approximately.
I resigned from EFU on April 25, 2022 and joined Askari Bank.
On 9-9-2021
In EFU I was only a free lancer with no Fixed salay but only commission.
When I resigned, my line manager issued me an experience letter
When Askari Bank sent all the experience letters to my previous organizations, all related to Banking industry got verified but the one that of EFU.
Askari Bank issued me a charge sheet mentioning that I had provided them a fake letter of EFU.
Then I got to know that my agency code at the insurance company remained active
I requested EFU to provide me the experience letter with correct dates but they could not do so as my code was active
Now Askari bank has terminated saying that I have been punished due to misconduct and dual employment.
However I was not getting any salary from EFU. What should I do now?

From Pakistan, Lahore
Madhu.T.K

As far as Askari Bank is concerned, since the background verification failed with a remark that you are still an active member/ employee of the EFU, you are employee of another organisation while being employed there. They can rightly terminate the contract of employment. But before doing that they should have given you an opportunity to be heard. Then you can contact the EFU and get your relieving confirmed in their system also. The service certificate/ relieving order issued by an immediate reporting officer may not be valid in all the cases especially in such cases where the person involved was holding a managerial position. Now you can negotiate with the bank and get time so that you can take it to EFU to correct the entries in the system.
From India, Kannur
Chartty
After resignation, did you receive a resignation acceptance response from EFU? If yes, you could have used that as evidence of your resignation or last payslip to indicate that you no longer receive a salary from them, thus not an employee.

On the other hand, I am of the opinion that you should officially write to EFU and ask them to do the needful. They can also send a letter to Askari to set the records straight.

The onus lies on the person giving a reference/organization to ensure that a true and unbiased professional account is given to the requesting firm. In the absence of which they can be sued.

An extreme measure will be to take EFU to a labour court and sue for damages caused so far. But, I am of the opinion that with professional dialog this can be resolved amicably.

From Ghana
hremprel

Greetings Khilji.
From your note it appears that you discovered about your licence as an agent in your previous company being still active. And I presume that you did not solicit any business or earn anything from that business during the period you were employed with the current employer. If this is correct, then you may convey in writing to your employer stating facts in the matter that you were not employed, that you did not work for the previous business after joining your employer nor have you earned anything from it. You may also offer them to verify. I sto not know the circumstances in which your employer has taken a strong view of terminating your service. So, whether he accepts your presentation of facts or not, this will show your openness and transparency to any of your future employers or clients. Best wishes!

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.