No Tags Found!

deepaunnithan
hi.. Could any one please help me in doing competency mapping for Assistant Manager (HR) in a telecom Company? Regards, Deepa Unnithan
From India, Kochi
Rajashree
Hi, tell us more what exactly u require, and give us more details are u looking for formats?? Rajashree Pillai

anu_1511
Hi,
Competency mapping is identifying the key skills and competencies required to do a job effectively, and these competencies will be further helping in recruiting the right person and eventually helping in doing training, performance management, succession planning and so on and so forth.
Most of the companies are doing away with KRA's and KPA's and competency mapping is still an area which remains unexplored.
If you have the KRA's and KPA's ready with you, you can expand on the same.
Regards
Anandita

From India, Mumbai
Murale
r u looking for tools and methodology or need review of literature, give a clear cut idea

as a first step do a job nalysis using a standard questionnaire.asking employees to fill in a questionnaire that asks them to describe what they are doing, and what skills, attitudes and abilities they need to have to perform it well.

create a job description that is competency based

starts mapping the capability of the employees to the benchmarks. There are several index points within the responsibility level.create a competency matrix

Mandatory level of achievement should be noted against each benchmark indicating the areas where the assessee is in terms of personal development and achievement.

this will help the hr manager in having a fairly good picture of a particular employee , heor she can be intimated whether he or she need to perform better .it will help in identification of training needs also

Once the employee `tops' every indicator at his level, he moves on to the next and begins there at the bottom - in short, he is promoted.

all the best

Murale

Arvindsingh

Find out what are the short (3 years) and long term (+5 years) business objectives of the organization.
In what frame the business objectives are related to organizational vision and mission.

Fix the purpose of competency mapping.

Find out what people (different position and units) are doing/or expected to do (KPA/KRA to achieve those business objectives as per described criteria.
  • What the work they are doing/supposed to do.
  • What the behaviour they are demonstrating.

Find out the various structures of the organization.
  • As per manual.
  • As per communication flow. (Official and unofficial)
  • As per business expectation flow.

Establish the culture of organization.

Based on above collected information classify the population as per the developed concept for competency mapping purpose.

Start a process to find out/ establish successful profiles in each classified unit by,
  • Behavioral event interviewing
  • Focus group
  • Psychometric testing
  • Past performance
  • 360 degree approach.

(Gather some factual evidence to prove that profiles are really successful)
  • Statistical evidence
  • Social evidence
  • Theoretical evidence

Shortlist the superior performers who fall between 75 to 90 percentile.

Break the profiles in term of Knowledge, skills, values, beliefs and attitude.

Repeat the same process with average and below average performers.

Find out the critical success factors that quite certainly make employees as superior performer at unit and organizational level. Prove this:
  • Statistically
  • Socially
  • Theoretically

With same process find out the critical hindering factors.

Develop the competency model along with weights of different competency for unit and organization which explains reason for superior performance at somehow validity of 0.79.

Use this model for the purpose decided at beginning stage.

Revalidate the model in every two years.

From India, New Delhi
Manimegalai Murugan
anybody here ..... can u support me wid d objectives of competency mapping i m doing it for the operators of auto components company need of ur helpppppp yaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
From India, Tiruppur
manisha_gswmi
I am working as an HR in I.T Company can you please help me with this competency mapping ?
From India, Calcutta
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.