No Tags Found!

Bruncha

Dear All,
As both a Certified Assessor from the BPS, and haviing a Master's in Psychology, my recommendation is to first determine what competencies are required to be successful in the job role. Once you know what specific behaviors and abilities are needed, then you can decide how to evaluate for them.
Ability tests, which are a form of psychometric test, will give you a read on the candidates ability to process and use verbal, numeric and abstract information. Personality tests can offer insight into the types of attributes and preferences of the candidate. This will allow u to see if they match the attributes of a successful rep.
Furthernore, tests should never be used alone; you need at least one other assessment tool, a behavioral- based interview, an role play or a case study etc.
i appreciate that everyone is concerned for the cost effectiveness of assessment on the front end, but its important to the true costs of a bad hire.
Regards,
Bruncha

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
ashishsh
Dear Vandana,
Psychometric tests aim to measure attributes like intelligence, aptitude and personality. They provide a potential employer with an insight into how well you work with other people, how well you handle stress, and whether you will be able to cope with the intellectual demands of the job.
Most of the established psychometric tests used in recruitment and selection make no attempt to analyze your emotional or psychological stability. I don't think at the level of MR.s it will be of any help to the Organization.

Ashish

From India, Mumbai
lrsangalang
Dear All,
Could you please help me to come-up with an examination to measure the sense of urgency of an applicant/candidate.
It's been a year that I am looking for it, should you have some sample questionnaire, pls share it with me.
Thank you so much in advance.
Lors

From Philippines, Manila
Vijay Pandey

Hurry-Limited seats - Last date for registration 30/7/10!
Accreditation program on Psychometric Testing
Course Commencement (Online): 23-Aug-2010
Workshop Dates - 3-5th September 2010
Venue – Mumbai
Timings- 9.30 am to 6 pm
Course module-Program is designed as per Model curriculum of NAOP for Level-1 and
Level-2 and will strictly adhere is to NAOP guidelines in terms of training and certification.

Faculty-The program will be conducted by NAOP recognized professionals and will be audited by NAOP appointed auditors.
Registration – Course fee of Rs 25000/-
a)Deposit/Online transfer with details sent to us. Bank –HDFC Bank, SB A/c no , Branch,
b) Cheque or DD to be sent to the following address:
Registration is valid only if confirmed in writing.

Batch size- 18 participants only on first come first serve basis.
Pre course preparation-Reading material will be sent to participants a week before commencement of workshop. Focus will be more on imparting SKILLS by means of activities and case studies. At the end of the workshop, each participant is expected to select one small study on application of psychometric tests in occupational settings. All participants are required to submit report on their study within one month after the workshop. At the end of the workshop, certificate of participation will be given to all participants and after the submission of report Certificate of Competence will be given to participants who qualify as per NAOP criteria.
Link to group page of qualified users: NAOP Qualified Users of Psychometric Tests | Google Groups

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.