No Tags Found!

cjpatel
Dear Malikji,
Wanted to understand if Stipened is subject to ESI and PF (are these deductions mandatory) or they can be waived, if the stipened being paid is Rs. 5000/- a month.
This if for interns for a period of 3 - 6 months just out of college or still pusuing their education.
Regards,
C J Patel

From India, Bangalore
malikjs

dear
if someone is paid stipend as trainee as per standing orders ,than that stipend will not be wages for ESI And PF.same movement
apprentice appointed through apprentiship advisor is also exempted for PF and ESI.
in your query the student should bring proper letter from institue
and you make a proper letter for internship than they should be excluded for ESI and PF.
regards
j s malik
QUOTE=cjpatel;750398]Dear Malikji,
Wanted to understand if Stipened is subject to ESI and PF (are these deductions mandatory) or they can be waived, if the stipened being paid is Rs. 5000/- a month.
This if for interns for a period of 3 - 6 months just out of college or still pusuing their education.
Regards,
C J Patel[/QUOTE]

From India, Delhi
globaloverseas144

Dear,
Stipened paid to those person who is not providing direct support to the organisation and organisation hire person & provided them for a social amenities means appointed person does not have permanent job & he/she does not have legal right in the organisation.
This is a consolidate amount which include your travelling,fooding,lodging,dressing,communication etc... allowances.
The amount given to the candidates is goes to company business promotion & welfare amenities.
PF & ESI dept have not considered this type of income as wages becuase this stipened is a short term earning.
You can save tax limit upto certain extends ,please consult with Tax expert and show actual expenses then you can save some amount of your tax.
Best Regards-Delhi
Sajid

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg sajid at middle.jpg (38.5 KB, 6 views)

adsss

Hi, If your stipend falls in the taxable income limit, Tax will be deducted. Your employer can not deduct PF on your Stipend.
From India, Bangalore
mohammed s
Hi,
Stipend is mainly paid in 2 different set of people, one is who were doing an Intern and other one is joined as a Trainee, for Intern there wont be any deduction at all, as it's purely meant to met their daily expenses and they would go back to their studies sfter that, for Trainees they used to deduct PF as they will be absorved to the system once they successfully completed their Trainning period.In your case what they have done is right, they will deduct PF, Income Tax(only when your stipend is more than the slab
) and Professional Tax.If in case you are not an direct hire and if you were in contract you wont get any deduction stating PF but you would have TDS, PT & IT.
Please write to me if you require anymore in detail.
Regards,
Mohammed.s

From India, Madras
dinubhansali

Stipend is not a salary and u cannot claim any expemtios such as HRA, conveyance etc. And if ur a getting an handsome Stipend then the whole amount will be taxable as per the Income tax slabs. There is no exmptions allowed.
Thanks and Regards
Dinesh Bhansali

From China
vijayavailable

Dear Frens,
In my first job, I got a stipend of 20k with a probation of 1 year.. and HRA apprx.7200, Travel allowance:800, Basic:12000...I was told taht it is stipend...
I did not have any leaves.. no pf deduction...but professional tax of 200rs. every month..was deducted...
Was it right...
Rgrds....Krish...

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.