Syed Sahil
My friend and I have been removed from the office, saying that it’s a ramp-down. I heard that the company has to pay compensation. If there is a ramp-down for the employees who have been removed. I asked the same to my manager, and suddenly, he said we are not being removed based on ramp down. We have been removed based on our performance, but our performance was good, even if our performance was not good. I asked my manager how can you remove us without any warning first warning, second warning or any training I think if the performance has low company has to give a warning to the employee.

Some HR’s of the same company are saying it’s a ramp down, and some of them say it’s a performance issue.
Please help me with what I have to do if they claim it’s a ramp-down or it’s a performance base removal.

From India, Bengaluru
KK!HR

The real issue is ramp down (decrease in core activity) but the attempt to show it as related to performance is only to divert attention from reality. In case there were performance issues, was there any communication, written or oral to this effect? If there are any appreciation or rewards or recognitions being given in this period, it proves to the contrary.
It does not appear that the issue will be amicably resolved through talks, so be prepared to take up legally, you may lodge a formal protest with the Labour Officer of the local area and meet the authority concerned and seek their intervention.

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

Syed Sahil has not mentioned under which role he and his friend have been working. If they have been working as workmen (not necessarily designated as workman but may have fancy designation but without any managerial powers) they cannot be asked to go for ramp down ( thanks Syed for using the word, this is a new word for me, that I have never come across with such a term for redundancy, and thank you KK Nair for clarifying it as redundancy) because in such scenario the provisions of the Industrial Disputes Act will apply and as such it should be the last employee who joined in the particular department who should be asked to go first, and there should not be any indicator like performance.

Yes, if you have been working as managers, with powers to supervise others, sanction leaves or initiating disciplinary action against others or appraise their performance etc, then the management can ask you to go by giving notice as required, whatever is the reason, let it be performance issue or redundancy.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.