D.GURUMURTHY

Dear Sir,
In normal course weekly off cannot be counted as leave. only two days only the leave.
Weekly off is routine one whether weekly off with pay (30days) or without pay (26days) as the case may be
for wage calculation purpose.
D.GURUMURTHY
LL.HR & IR CONSULTANT
HYDERABAD.

From India, Hyderabad
harishmmody

Dear All,
I have A Question to which I seek an appropriate solution/ reply. If a person gives interviews (twice) and then decides to join the Pvt. Ltd. on the 1st of the commencing month that is May 1st 2012 and conveys the same to the Company's Recruitment Officer but somehow the Company observes a Holiday for the 1st of May, 2012 can the Company deduct 1 day's pay from the new joinee employee's Salary? The new joinee had had himself relieved from the previous employer on the 30th of April, 2012 and had also conveyed his intention to join the new Company on the 1st of the commencing new month. Is the 1 day's Salary Deduction justified? The employee was ready to join on the 1st but the Company declared the 1st as a Holiday at the eleventh hour. Please do advise.
Thanks & Regards to all.
Mody Harish M.
BPP Co-ordinator,
KGK Diamonds Group
(+91 9723696738)

From India, Surat
tsivasankaran

It is justified One is eligible for Paid Holiday only after he joins. Obviously a person can not join on a Holiday
In fact similar incident occured for me as well in 1986. I was supposed to join on 3rd Oct and this was communicated one month in advance I also recd a confirmation from them. They knew it was a hoilday for them, but they did not notice it at that time. At the last minute they sent a letter asking me to join 6th as 4th and fifth happened to be Saturday/Sunday
In effect I lost 5 days salary which was a decnt money.
It happens some times. May 1st is always a Holiday Jan 26 is always a Holiday Oct 2 is always a Holiday Aug 15 is always a Holiday We should never plan to join on these days.
Sivasankaran

From India, Chennai
Sravanthimagic

Hi shilpi if it is a software industry or any other industry who will have sat & sun as week off’s it is considered only Monday as leave. regards sravanthi
From India, Hyderabad
rldhingra

Hi Shilpi

you have not state under what Act?

Factory Act provids for Leave with wages .

All leaves under factory Act shall be exclusive of all holidays whether occuring during or at either end of the period of leave.(Explanation 2to Sec 79 Factory Act.

Factory Act has no provisions for Casual leave /Sick Leave

Shops and Commercial Establishments have the provisions for CL/SL

in general practice: Sundays/ paid holiday/national festival occuring before or at either end of the earned leave/privilege leave can be prefixed/suffixed. and will not be counted as leave.However if thses ocur during the leave period it has to be treated leave

in respect of Causal Leave any sunday/paid holiday occuring before the leave commences or after the expiry of leave period can be added as prefix or suffix however if occuring during the leave period it will be treated as leave .

but much depend on the agreement or contract of service and the leave policy of the establishment.

RLDhingra,Advocate,

Labour Law Consultant, Delhi

9818309937 email:rld_498@rediffmail.com

From India, Delhi
ajaysharma1969
Its depand company to company, some consider four day must working in the same week if you don’t want adjust sunday as a leave. Regards Ajay Sharma
From India, Lucknow
gurubux.gulati

It is our HR fraternity that needs to wake up and ensure that such leaves do not get wasted.
From India, Jamnagar
kknair

Dear all, As per Section 22 of the Delhi Shop & Establishment Act and Rule 10 thereof, there is no provision for deducting the absence of the employees on the weekly off day from the leave account in the query raised by you.As regards Casual leave, normally intervening holidays are not accounted for but in the case of Previlege leave it is not so. It is better for an organisation to have a sound poilicy in this regard.Hope the above clarifies.
Regards
kk

From India, Bhopal
prakash.1974.joshi

Other option is to take C-off (Substituted Off day on Saturday in lieu of------) on Saturday. In this case you have to take only one-day casual leave.
Saturday-------C-Off
Sunday-----WO
Monday----Casual Leave.

From India, Calcutta
subbarao.v

Dear Sangeetha can you please refer which law is stating this ? I want to know coz, i also raised such issue With regards v.subbarao 9841103098
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.