No Tags Found!

KK_Kranthi Kumar
here we can just guide u in ur planning amal.....everybody here tries to solve each others problem......
as i told u before.....they r not professionals to understand why u r bringing these schemes......it is important tht the resoponsibility of motivating your empoyees starts from you......other than what u have specified plz add these -
appriciate the employees with skills to manage the people......give them additional responsibility......give them motivational session twice a week......show tht ur willingness to talk with them when ever they need u......thts why its important that someone who is a capable person (employee who is good manager and loyal) takes few burden of urs.....bring out a strategy to every move u make......
kranthi

From India, Bangalore
sambasi

Dear Amal Chaware
Let me explain how I went about:-
(1) I am a freelance technical consultant. I was engaged to reduce waste/ cost of poor quality in the mill; but I found within my first two or three visits, the mill was having problems similar to what you have. I was trying to find out the problems and what were the reasons for this state of affairs from both workers' point of view and middle management point of view. Since I was an "Outsider" and old ( 58 years) they freely talked to me and tried to convey the message that nothing could improve (no waste reduction or efficiency improvement possible).
After discussions with management, we decided assess the reality first. Following this, I interacted with all, individually and in groups , collected further details from these two groups. Based on this, we decided to categorise only the "real" problems as
  • Easily doable (minimum resources Minimum time)- results shoule be visible
  • Requires resources and time - to be done in phases- Talk about this to all on every possible occassion ( e.g. improving lighting in twisting hall)
  • Can not be done - Explain the reasons to workmen ( This is to be done after completing the first two)
Started taking actions immediately.

(2) Motivating workmen

(3) Motivating Supervisors

(4) Re-doing "on the job training" (OJT) simultaniously emphasising the need to improve productivity / reduce waste (making them to understand that there was no majic / short-cut to improve the bottom-line). They never had any OJT after their induction years ago.

Results started showing slowly and continual improvements were perceptable.

From your reply
Quote:free lunch scheme became a major management issue with many offshoots like quality of food, food choices etc. being the bones of contention Unquote
Somewhat strong workers' union(?)
This was not a major issue here, as the cost of provisions are escalating everyday and workers feel benefitted by this. Everyday, the unit-head sits and takes lunch with workmen from day one.

Wishing you Success!
K.Sambasivam

(M) 94434 05521

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.