No Tags Found!

amitkumar09

Hi Sundarjayaram,
Thats a nice way.I am a bit busy these days...will get back with further work soon.thanks for sharing your views.
@ Sushmita: I could not understand the context in which you are asking. Will be able to reply well if you ask about specific fields like PMS, training, compensation etc...change where here and what? Some situations need not be changed. It all depends on the business requirement and Vision of org.
There is no point we share whole list of things done in our professional career here.
I encourage you to ask interventions in specific domains...I suppose Jayaram will second my thoughts.

From India, Gurgaon
cels.jalandhar

There always has been and always will be a big gap between Ideas and Execution. Movies, Quotes, Books, Seminars- there never has been a shortage of ideas. We need good ideas (and that's where it all begins) but it's execution that wins the game.
“We have a ‘strategic’ plan. It’s called doing things.” — Herb Kelleher
Good discussion guys :)

From India, Chandigarh
prakashalmeida01
Hey Amit first of all let me congratulate on this idea....of bringing out learnings from the movie.As much as I admire you're effort ...I would also like to put forward my experience of using movies in training.

To be very Honest I do agree with Jayram....Hindi movies make a very intresting impression on the minds of the leraners....but it is beeteer if we derive the learning from the participants then making a presentation on the same...

For instance you can show some clips from the movies and let them derive answers through it....may be a discussion or brainstroming....as a trainer we can just act as faciliatators....and as Jayram suggested we can help them in getting the answers to implement a particular behavior...Having said that let me admitt you can creat a branding for you're training through movies which will help in creating excitement and curiosity for the programme..

Movies should be used as a case study....rather than driving results directly from it...

Regards,

Prakash Almeida

From India, Mumbai
Ramesh Sood

Hi All,

Have been following the discussions and learnt all are young.. well age doesn't have to do anything with desire to learn... more important we all are keen to learn.. and that's it..

Well, I share my views without any expectation . You know we all are compelled to act, behave, talk, conclude and so on by our own level of understanding which is a result of our upbringing, environment and learning and that's the ultimate truth.... so each one is right in his / her place. Someone has rightly said - when student is ready..teacher appears.. and true..the one who has reached the state where one wants to learn will learn from any source.. be it nature or films...

Well, a very noble objective, this ! Making people think.. they will when the life brings them to a point where there is no alternative but to think and that's when they will. But then we must not lose hope and keep on learning, and keep on trying and keep on thinking, and keep on glowing with our inner lights, and discussing and sharing.. and finally keep on smiling with happy hearts knowing that we are doing our bit...

God Bless!

From India, Pune
ajmera.shveta
Dear Amit and Jayram,

this discussion forced me to think and write this, about the above lessons from Rocket Singh-they were superb,so many of us watch so many movies but only few realise the depth of message and even fewer communicate it,so I believe, that post was an appreciable effort,

@Jayram: every big and small activity starts with the idea or the thought about it, though the lessons were known to most of us but still this acted as a brush up for us.This never reduces the importance of developing proper processes to ensure right implementation but first we have to realise that their is a gap or we just need one more reminder for this which I feel Amit successfully did. as they say'efforts are only appreciated and results are rewarded' definitely we need to pay more stress on stimulating positive changes and executing such philosophies.

Hope you both don't mind my interruption between your disscussion.Pls. don't take any statement negatively,they are my personal views and we can always have a different opinion.

Shveta

From India, Indore
drkr
Hi All,
I just say every thing revolves around money. Either movie or motivation session. Please don't try to show up that you are doing some thing to society. If you are really doing so just tell me one incident which you did for all and which really yielded the results. My total point is Movies are made for just money. They have no intention to teach any one. If you try to bring some good out of non-sense then its useless. May be I am bit harsh. But yes its fact.
All the dumbo film stars just work for money. Very few of them really few have service heart. You should first look into the area which you are pointing to learn. Please don't encourage people to watch movies and be like marketing execs for movies.
Show them some real people who sacrificed their lives for the mission which they believed in.
Sorry but I wanted to say all. Thats it.
DRK

From India, Hyderabad
amitkumar09

Hi DRK,
I agree everything revolves around money. I am not saying that the movie was made for a noble cause. The point is: if there is something worth learning even from entertainment, lets learn.
Meanwhile, No one says that a movie can substitute biographies and moral lessons.
Apart from this point, I guess there has already been discussion on this topic(ref: 12 angry men, learning from insects...Did God create ants for us to learn hard work? but we still give example...)
Healthy discussions are always welcome. I thank you for your viewpoints. And at least i am not getting any money for marketing this movie...lol
Regards
Amit

From India, Gurgaon
drkr
Hahaha Amit,
I loved the last statement LOL. I know man that there is learnin every where around in the nature. But some how lookin at the life style and the kind of industry the films is, I completly reject to learn from them. I am sorry to look many times that a romantic hero in one movie is projected as Angel in the next. Though they call it actin on the screen you can't take away the kiss and exposin to contribute to make it the talent.
So some how to learn from these kinds of things I don't like. They have lost there moto of entertainment is what I feel.
Any way loved to see your response. Keep posting
DRKR

From India, Hyderabad
iinfrasolservices

Why do people compare Filmy story to Management Theories and too with own self-made conclusions and Management Lessons too. I think the days are not far when someone will post Management Theory Lessons Learnt after watching a SHAKIRA DANCE or BEYONCE KNOWLES dance. Or Maybe someone might post a Management Theory on a Cricket Match or an Advertisement on TV or on a Human Pyramid made on Gopalkala (Janmashtami). I was surprised to find Management lessons from movies like "I hate Luv Stories", "Sholay", etc etc.

There are Thousands of Hindi Movies and also English Movies released every year so just imagine if everyone posts their Management Lessons from Each Movie??????????...and that too each member will again differ in his opinion on what he/she learnt from such a movie!!!!!!!!

The whole point is that each and every situation or story is different. Life has its own lessons to be learnt and nobody teaches us that. Its only when we experience it we learn our lessons thoroughly.
My only point is Making too many conclusions based on own assumptions would not be appropriate and in true sense with a knowledge sharing site.................rgrds

From India, Mumbai
nashbramhall

There is nothing wrong in using films to make a point. For example, the movie titled "Twelve Angry Men" is widely used in management training. It shows that people have started to reflect on situations and how they fit management theory/concepts. I had come across this in early 1970s as a managerment student. For example, see Big Monkey, Helpy Chalk: Teaching 12 Angry Men
I am not very conversant with Indian movies; however, I am sure they can be used too with a bit of imagination and self-reflection.
Have a nice day.
Simhan

From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.