No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi, I'm currently serving my notice period, and my LWD is 10th Apr 2024. After I submitted my resignation, my employer said that leave encashment is not part of the FnF settlement.
This policy was not informed at the time of the interview process, onboarding, or induction program, and it is not even in my offer letter or on the company policy site.
Please suggest to me what action I can take on this.

From India, Bengaluru
Madhu.T.K

Encashment of unavailed/ balance of earned leave is a right conferred to the employees as per law. Therefore, if the employer says that they don't have such policy, it cannot be accepted. The F&F should invariably contain leave encashment subject to the relevant law as applicable to the establishment, ie, Factories Act or Shops..Act, as the case may be.
From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Please ensure that some PL/EL balance is there in your leave account . PL or EL encashment is subject to leave balance.
From India, Madras
ashok pal

You are on my notice period, and your last working day is 10th Apr 2024. Can you take leave till 09/04/2024.? If yes than take leave else ask them to give this in writing.
From India, Indore
kapoorrr

It is mandatory for an employer to encash the unavailed/ balance earned leave and the same should be paid at the time of F/F settlement. You may request your employer. Alternatively, you can raise your grievance with local Factory/ Shop and Establishment inspector.
R R Kapoor
Vadodara

From India, Vadodara
varghesemathew

If you are working in a factory it is mandatory. If you are in a commercial establishment check the provision in your states shop and commercial establishment Act.

Varghese Mathew
HRLaw Advisor
Tvpm .Mob-9961266966

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.