View Poll Results: What course of action this chap needs to take?
Should ask for written explaination for his termination and fiht for his rights?g 162 68.35%
Forgot the incident as a pinch of salt in his carrier & serach some other job 75 31.65%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

chanchal.malhotra14@gmail

All the episode is more surprising than sad. Actually that introductory mail has hurted the ego of that MD. Though that guy/girl is not on fault. Not intentionally but he had hurted the ego of that MD. He is praising himself in that mail & sending it to MD also. It's like " Suraj ko Diya Dikhana ". The MD is ofcourse a higher personality than him. So all episode is just based on thinking & feeling of that MD. No rules can be made in this regard.
From India, Gurgaon
ManojElanjickal
My two cents.. If I am the HR head.. I will not accept the termination.
I will ask MD directly that .. HR is powerful organisation with in the organisation and HR will decide and act based on Management vision and objectives. So DONT OVERRULE HR ....That's it. He has not done any thing wrong as per the company policy norms and values & culture. And also I will give a memo to MD for unprofessional behavior.
Thanks
Manoj Elanjickal

From India
tyagi.shilpi43
hi guys
whatever has happened to that guy is really very sad. its not his mistake fully, management should not have taken such immediate action.
well, what i feel is that if we are joining a new company, we should ask the HR Head regarding the company policies n procedures first.
in this case that guy should have atleast asked first to the HR head regarding the introduction procedure...according to me neither the introductry email was professional nor the behaviour of the management. as after being such a big organization you can not terminate ny1 for such a stupid reason, they should have talk to him that this should not happen again in future...n must have seen his performance.

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
missusanthosh

Gone throgh the mail.. Its very sad to note such incidents. But my friend take it easy b'coz its all in the game.. Think that something better is waiting for you that's why it happened. As most of them have said, yes you are innovative so you cannot sit idle for a lng time. You will be back in track to reach your destiny soon..
May God Bless you..

From India, Coimbatore
su
Termination was certainly not the right action..
However the mail was too unprofessional.HR is the face of the employees. Introductory mail written professionaly well is accepted, but certainly not in such a manner. First impression is the last impression. No company would want to pass on a wrong impression to their employees. Had the mail been more professional I am sure it would have certainly been appreciated.
Probably over enthusiasm and a casul attitude of the HR person let to such a disaster.
However termination is not justified here.

From India, Mumbai
ccdepindia@yahoo.co.in

Hi, This incident pertains to the year 2007. We had given our comments when this was circualated in that year. I am not clear as to why it is again before this form? Cyril
From India, Nagpur
Vasant Nair

There was this incident of an Office Boy going to the Corporate Floor of a VETY Large IT Co. to do get some papers photostated.
Hr found someone in Jeand and T Shirt at the Photocopying Machine, taking out copies. Hr just called out to him "OY mere documents ki bi copy kar de!"
The guy in Jeans just too the papers from the Office Boy, photostated them and gave them all back to him (the Office Buy)
Just when he was leaving the Corporate Floor, one of the Secretaries stopped the Office Boy and asked him if he knew who he had talked to in such rude manner...the Office Boy started tremblng when he ws told that the guy in casuals was one of the founder Directors of the Co.
The Office Boy went upto him and repeated apoligised and asked for forgiveness.
The guy in casuals just smiled, patted the Office Boy on his shoulders asked him not to worry and gestured him to carry on.
This a real life true incident and the guy in casuals was none other that Arjun Malhotra of HCL.
Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
sachinbendre

Hi,

Here I feel the HR Generalist should intervien and mediate and try resolve this issue. Most importantly the level needs to skipped and the newly hired guy should take it up with Ratan Tata directly expecting intervention. If HR can't get a fair deal for himself what protection can he provide to other employees.

The Guy who got fired should take it up and if he dosen't get a fair deal even after escalating the issue he should seek Industrial courts refuge.

Life doesn't end with just with one job ending. There are so many other carrer options. He can infact get the media involved highlight the autocratic behaviour of MDs/Industrialists. He should go ahead and produce a movie on this and get the attention of Minsitry of labour and Industry.

These are purely my thoughts which are very rebellous the guy knows his situation best and can decide the course of action. Dignity is very important than money and one should fight for self respect....we all are going to die one day but we should die with respect. Once again no offence ment to any one these are my thoughts at the very instance after reading this.

rajanassociates

Dear We share the sentiments of all concerned on this sensitive issue.Even assuming it is a case study it opens up the subject for a hot debate. rajan associates chennai
From India, Bangalore
ankit.amiable
This is strange, i used to think these corporates are ethical and dreamt about joining then one day.
From India, Chandigarh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.