No Tags Found!

saha pooja
Swapna,
There should be no confusion at all regarding the number of days to be paid; it is 22 days. How can the company pay salary to a person for 2 days prior to his Joining Date?
You may explain him that if he would have joined your company on 7th Jan, then you would have to paid him 25 days' salry, i.e. from 7th to 31st Jan (including 8th and 9th Jan, which were holidays) because in that case he would have already become an EMPLOYEE of your company on 8th and 9th Jan. But that is not the case now, so he will be paid only from 10th Jan.
Regards,
Pooja Saha

From India, Calcutta
uk_ct

Hi,
I have faced the same problem once following is what i did
1) Make sure that employee has not marked his attendece before his DOJ
2) The appointment letter is the final document and take the date mentioned on appointment letter as final
3) Also take in loop your senior and his reporting part.
4) And make sure that same is documented as he might create some problem later on if he has raised the issue in writting
Regards
Ujjwal

Nithya Mehta
The argument of the employee is very silly and as someone rightly mentioned, he is just trying his luck to get a couple of days extra pay. But it is interesting how he could think of an lame reason like this and demand to revise his pay. It is very straight forward that the company will pay him only from the joining date, but there is no harm to be safe by getting it clarified from others.
From India, Bangalore
ravi.ramabadhran@sankarasoftware.co
Ref : Calculation of salary from Net salary to Gross salary
Please clarify I got one of the employee who is in trainee and he got confirmed in regular payroll. He should get take home of Rs. 8500/-. Kindly help me in finding out his Gross Salary and in our company deductions are as under
PT
PF
ESI
Other recovery
Regards
R Ravi

From India, Madras
simaran
Dear Swapna, Just ask that employee y he dint join on 7th Jan i.e Fri. He must think about tht he’ll join from Monday thn tell him tht therefore u r paying him from his joining date. Regards, S
From India, Mumbai
Kitty Gogia
when any new employee joins the company, that day should be working day only and not on weekends. It cannot be your company responsibility to pay him particular weekend.
From India, New Delhi
murali12

as per my view the above all advises are right . Please consider the Date of joining and reporting date.
From India, Bangalore
IndiansInc

I am an employee (not HR) and really surprised to see these kind ofemployees. I am not sure in world which employer will pay salary for the day in which the person is not his employee.
it is a greed nothing else.

From India, Bangalore
Vasant Nair

What you have done is proper and correct. The employee joined the Co. on 10th. He will be paid salary for period 10th to 31st if he has worked on all days of the month.
His contention that he should be paid salary from 8th onwards is baseless. You may so explain it to him.
Best Wishes,
vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.