No Tags Found!

r.vijey

Hi,

I do have such a case in my workplace let me explain this.

She is around 26 years old unmarried and has four sister who is not supportive and instead trouble some in the family( As per her statement I wonder how far its true) Both of her parents are old and sick. They frequently get hospitalised. Some times even in critical stage. She was given permission to come late because of this. I found that her productivity was too low (A month before her appraisal was done and she was happy with that too). She was frequently absent and started looking for new assignments.

I took interest and tried to find the root cause of her problems. One is her family environment. second is her behavior with other and her perceptions on others personally and professional in a wrong way. I have understood that and I discussed with her and motivated her by best possible means.

Every time when we try to point her problems she becomes arrogant and she will hardly respond for a day and goes back to the same place.

She started spreading negative energy in the work place and the colleagues of her started avoiding her.

This has become a never ending story and what ever the best efforts we placed the result was too short.

No I would like to understand how do these things happen and how to avoid this in the future.

I have done best to resolve this as she was the senior most employee when I landed here and struggle is there for past eight months with feeble improvement.

If you have any such incident which has been resolved lets discusss so that we didnt plant such problems and throw it to some one else.

regards

Vijay

From India, Coimbatore
nithya_hr

Dear Archana ,
I Have no words to appreciate you................
You deserve Blessings of so many People suffering ...
It is a real HR Attitude to think in employee perspective.............
You are really an excellent HR. Hope to learn a lot from you
Regards
Nithya

From India, Madras
Rebel

Most of the life's problems will be solved if we follow this principle. The problem here is that idealistic life seems impractical in the present times. People believe that being insensitive to others is a way to protect their own interests and emotions. Pretension is the order of the day. Being sensitive to others is considered as going out of one's way to do something good for others.
Anyways, I appreciate your efforts in writing this article because it reminds few good people that there are handful of individuals who do know that one "can" live an ideal life. Hope people understand that it isn't so difficult to be sensitive to others. It is, as a matter of fact, emotionally rewarding experience to be helpful to others. I am certain you, too, felt good about yourself writing this article.

From India, Mumbai
farzana
Its really very important for alll organizations to realize the importance of employees, because once an emplyees joins the organzation, he came with so many expectations from the organization, and moral support is something of value to the emploee.
So the article has worth for all of us.
Keep it up

Sanjeev.Himachali

Recently after reading this article I happen to have an interaction with Mr. Neil Thompson of Avenue Consulting Ltd, UK (The Author of the Article that has been shared by Archna)...during the discussion we happen to share our views and opinion on the various issues. One of them was the purpose and target readers for this article. This article has been written keeping in mind the people, social and corporate culture of UK; Value system and mind set of those people. What might work for them...might not work for us. So, how practical are the theories and opinion shared by people...in Indian Culture and Mindset? Isn't it the similar issue that we are facing with our Cricket Team in India. The Coach is Australian...the things he is trying to implement or experiment with Indian team...such things might work in Australia but not in India. Any Comments???

Grief and Pain...as a person you can do many thing...but working in corporate environment...particularly in HR, you have certain limits.

You can be empathetic with your employee but cannot be emotional.

You can feel the pain but you cannot cry with them.

When you are giving emotional support to your employees...or getting attached emotionally...you are doing 2 things: A) You are giving an opportunity to let that person hurt you; B) You are planning to hurt him more deeply.

One practical example in Indian Scenario...one person had severe loss in his life, suppose he lost is father or he is fighting with his wife everyday...he told this to you. You felt the pain...you are sympathetic to him.

Won't he expect favors from you?

Won't you are not letting him depend upon you?

Won't you get irritated...if he comes to you almost every 3rd day...asking for leave?

Won't he come and ask for salary advances every now and then?

Think practical.

In UK, USA and other European countries...people have this habit of "Letting it Go". In India, we get stuck and not able to see the road ahead, if we are rejected...if we are not accepted...if we are hurt by someone. Most of the time...we take decisions by listening to our heart. Think from your head and not from heart.

Think over it...and do share your views...about the practical implications of such theories in Indian Environment...in Indian Mindset...among Indian People.

Regards

Sanjeev Sharma

(Blog: http://sanjeevhimachali.blogspot.com/)

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.