No Tags Found!

spandey2002
Hi, anybody can suggest me to increase the speed of english shorthand
From India, New Delhi
L.Kumar

Dear Sender
Please let me know what is your current speed and upto what level you are in short hand?( normally, if your speed is in between 80-120 per minute then you need not go for increase in speed in your short hand as no body can dictate more than that speed in general)
You can increase your speed by putting advance strokes, which probably any instructor can suggest.
You can approach any commercial institute to increase your speed in your short hand.
With regards
L.Kumar

From India, Madras
avrella_m112

Hello Friend,
Its nice to learn about your interest in shorthand. If you know your strokes, outlines, shortforms well then it should not be a problem for you. You can practice it by listening to the news channel and taking down their headlines in Shorthand, later you have to read it back (thats important).
Try this and you will see the wonders of practice.
Its just practice makes one perfect.
Best regards,

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
L.Kumar

Dear Avrella What do you want to say...? Please comment relevant to the posting only Regards L.Kumar
From India, Madras
avrella_m112

Hello Mr. L. Kumar,
I have commented based on the posting only. I know shorthand and I am expert at it. This is how i mastered the speed. I used to sit in front of the television and listen to the news especially BBC and take down what the news readers had to say. Later i used to transcribe it back in writing. That is how we practice shorthand. It helps in increasing the speed.
I believe you must have not understood what i was trying to communicate.
Best regards,

vinodsomal

Hi Kumar and Avrella,

Let us not get into any sort of debate. Each one has his own view about a subject and has the privelege to post his/her comments. Thats the baic idea of this forum.

Both your suggestions are good and will help the reader.

I have practiced shorthand for more than 30 years now and I can also say I am an expert. Advanced strokes as suggested by Kumar is something very useful. These advance strokes are not found in Pitman instructor. You will find them in the journals on shorthand which used to be released at the time I learnt and I picked up all advance strokes from those journals. Probably, these journals are still in vogue and may be available in the shorthand institutes.

Another interesting point I learnt while learning shorthand is your mental outlines. I used to get in to a habit of framing mental outlines when hearing or reading anything in English. This is a slow and gradual process but a very effective one which is imbibed in your memory and will increase your speed. Try that too.

All the best

With best regards,

Vinod

mrpakistani78

YES THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO INCREASE SPEED OF SHORT HAND.......................THIS IS PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE ONLY.
YOU CAN RECORD YOUR OWN VOICE AND PRACTICE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.
INSHALLAH VERY SOON YOU WILL GAIN THE RESULT
OK
BEST OF LUCK

Pinkii

spandey2002
mr kumar and vinor sir has already made very useful comments on how to increase the speed.
i would just like to add that there are some cassettes available for the shorthand speed testing at some book shops. you can buy those and it include time bound speeches and many new words as well. it helped me alot. i got such caseetes from my college. so it would be helpful if you try this out.
regards
pinkii

From India, New Delhi
GangaR
In Chennai the cassetes related to the same version of magazine also available. Just take dictation by putting the cassete and correct the same with the shortand magazine so that the phrases and strokes are all correctly mentioned in that.
The cassetes are available for English Junior, intermediate and Senior (80, 100 & 120 w.p.m). "Speedstar Shorthand (TNGTE/SCE)" by matching the number mentioned with the same in the magazine.
May be of use to you.
Regards
Geetha

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.