No Tags Found!

A colleague of mine was working in an organization for 8 years, after 3.5 years he became permanent and after 4.5 years he resigned. But now the people of the administration are reluctant to give gratuity saying that it has been completed for only 4.5 years. is it ok? Please guide how he can get his gratuity.
From India, Mumbai


If there is no long break in between then Employer should consider 8 years of service for Gratuity. Hope your Colleague is having documentary evidence for 8 years of service. If the Employer is not considering the request of the employee even after application for Gratuity is submitted then please advise your colleague to appeal before Assistant Commissioner of Labour with copy of all employment related documentary evidence.

From India, Madras

Gratuity is due and payable for the continuous service in the firm, it is irrespective of the nature of the service. It could be temporary, provisional, probationary, even daily rated or casual or anything else but when there is continuity and there is no REAL BREAK IN SERVICE, the entire length of service is to be reckoned and gratuity paid. The law on this point is very clear, there is no escape from paying gratuity for the reported 8 years of continuous service. If there is any default (not paid within 30 days of termination of service), gratuity has to be paid with interest.
From India, Mumbai
Thank you sir for guide me. I am very grateful to you
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.