No Tags Found!

soumya mehta

Hello Everyone, My question is if a woman employee's salary is more than 40,000/- pm and the company does not pay her the maternity leave salary, where should she go to complain regarding the same? When I complained to the assistant LABOR COMMISSIONER, he said this case does not come to our jurisdiction. I am a resident of Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
From India, Jabalpur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

As per Maternity Benefit Act woman should have worked with her employer for at least 80 days in the 12 months preceding the date of her expected delivery. If she fulfils this requirement, then she can utilise this mandated maternity leave and any further leave or benefits that her employer provides her. Salary is more than Rs.40,000/- or less than Rs.40,000/- is not the criteria. You need to find out your office jurisdiction fall under which Assistant Commissioner of Labour purview and then file a Complaint before the said ACL.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.