abbasiti

Dear Coolchini & Neelam Nailwal,
1. (to Coolchini) If salary is above Rs. 10,000, he is not eligible (as statutory) for bonus.
2. (to Neelam) Salary ceiling for Bonus payment is Rs. 3,500. i.e Actual salary or Rs. 3,5000 whichever is less, will be taken for calculation. In this case it is Rs. 3,300.
Abbas.P.S

From India, Bangalore
Anil Parmar

Re: Bonus Eligibility and other details
Please note: the ceiling amount for calculation of Bonus has been enhanced from Rs3500 to Rs5000 and percentage limit has been increased from 8.33% to 11%. This is latest amendment. For this purpose I am attaching herewith the copy of amendment.
Anil Parmar

From India, Chandigarh
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Payment of Bonus Act Amendment.pdf (629.9 KB, 611 views)

abbasiti

Dear Anil Parmar, The above amendment is not enacted yet. The bill will only come into force after passing by both houses of Parliament. We have to wait till then. Abbas.P.S
From India, Bangalore
kannanmv

Dear All,
The two queries raised are answered below
1. What will be the bonus amount if the employee draws more than Rs.10000/-?
He is not eligible to receive bonus as per Bonus Act as on date but if the company wishes then it can pay him ex - gratia in line with the bonus act i.e wage ceiling of Rs.3500 X 12 X Bonus percentage (Between 8.33% - Minimum Bonus and 20% - Maximum Bonus).
2. What will be the bonus amount if the employee draws less than Rs.3500/-?
It will be the actual amount earned by him if it is Rs.3400/- then consider only Rs.3400/-
Trust the matter is clarified
M.V.KANNAN

From India, Madras
suyoglabourconsultants

Dear Senthil D. I wish to keep silent as my dear friends Abbas, Kannan are on right track and there is no additional to write down, so, follow them and enjoy bonus act at ur end. Regards, KIRAN KALE
From India, Kolhapur
ranganathmagge
A employee is eligible for bonus only if he has worked for more than 30 days in a year other points have already been answered
From India, New Delhi
abbasiti

Dear Ranganath Magge, You have mentioned that minimum attendance for bonus eligibility is more than 30 days in a financial year. But more than 30 days is not mandatory, 30 days will do. Abbas
From India, Bangalore
Kumudkgupta
Regards There,

I have a query regarding payment of my bonus / Ex-gratia, please have a look on below details for the complete insight of my case;

I have joined an organization on 16th Jan 2008 and place my resignation from the services of this company on Dt. 18th Sep 2010 and my last date was in this company was 15th Oct 2010.

At the time of my joining my Basic salary was Rs.13000 / month and last drawing of basic salary was Rs.14560 / month. During my working in this company, this company announced the Ex-gratia in Oct 2008 (On Deewali) FY 2008-2009, but I did not receive the same due to I did not complete 12 calendar months at the time of Ex-gratia distribution.

Again in Nov 2009 (On Deewali) FY 2009-2010 this company announces the ex-gratia and I received the same because of completion of 12 calendar months at the time of distribution.

And now this company has announced the ex-gratia in Oct 2010 (On Deewali) FY 2010-2011.

I want to know, will this company give me Ex-gratia in my full and final settlement as I have completed 33 calendar months till my last date in this company.

Can I legally force this company for the payment of ex-gratia?

Best Regards

K. K. Gupta

From India, Delhi
suyoglabourconsultants

Dear K.K.Gupta,
u wrote that u were receiving basic salary more than 10000/- p.m. So, it is very hard 4 u to receive the amount of ex gratia bcause ex gratia payment is not mandatory and general practice is no payment of ex gratia shall be given to those who left the services, u will be lucky if u get it. Do not try to force them but to request them 4 ex gratia as u had work during the accounting year.
Regards,
KIRAN KALE

From India, Kolhapur
senthilhriil

Dear Mr Managobinda Behera, No. As per gratuity rule an employee has to work continusely 5 years in one organisation then only he is eligible for gratuity. Thanks Senthil D.
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.