bpguddu@gmail.com

Dear All,
Today i came to know that we need not to pay the double amount for overtime but i do not have any documentary evidence to justify the same.
Can anyone provide me any notification/legal documents stating the aforesaid subject.
Thanks
BPGuddu

From India, Nagpur
Madhu.T.K

Daily rated employees are to be paid for the day they are employed or engaged. Therefore, if they work on a weekly off day, you have to pay for that day, not necessarily be at double the rate. However, an employee who has been engaged for a consecutive six days is required to be paid one day off with wages. If he is not given that off with wages, you are expected to compensate it by paying double the rate. Therefore, in short, a daily wage worker is also entitled to overtime payment if he is engaged on a day of rest after a continuous working of six days in a week.
Obviously, if a daily rated worker is engaged for more than 8 hours in a day, he should be paid overtime wages at double the average daily rate for the over and above the normal working hours of 8 hours.
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.