We have retained some employees in service after their 58 years in our company retirement age is fixed at 58 years. but we retained them as they are still efficient and want to work. my question is it compulsory by law to deduct their pf contribution? Employer should add full 12% to pf account or only 3.67% to EPF
waiting for your suggestions.

From India, Patna

If they complete 58 years bring them into consultant role then there is no need to pay anything once all settlement over.
If you want them to continue in roll all PF contributions goes to AC no 1, because they will receive pension after 58 years.
Hope this will clear
If any doubt call em

From India, Chennai

After attaining 58 years of age, EPS Contribution (By Employer 8.33 %) will add to EPF Contribution (By Employer). That mean even in such conditions, employer has to contribute same 12%.
From India, Jaipur

1.what is the procedure to start their pension benefit for those employees
2. And few of them wants to withdraw their pensionable amount while they are still working

Sir what should i do plz guide me?

From India, Patna
Dear Ankita They have to fill up form no 19 & 10 C forms but 8.33 % of pension fund could not be withdrown if he complited the services of 10 years.
From India, Gurgaon

Dear Ankita,
PF can be continue after 58 years. The employee can claim Pension still in service. While uploding File in e-sewa and making contribution, you have to make contribution/payment in Provident Fund Account only. Need not pay contribution in A/c No 10. In my organisation also, around 15 employees are there who are still in service and contributing to PF, simultaneously getting monthly pension from Pension Scheme 1995.
Thanks & regars,
Gaurav Upadhye

From India, Pune

Dear Ankita,
You have to submit the Form 10-D for claiming the Pension. Even though, the employee is still alive, please submit the details, like Descriptive Roll of Family members, e.g. spouse, chindren age proof documents etc alongwith the 10-D, to avoid any complications.
Thanks & regards,
Gaurav Upadhye.

From India, Pune

Dear Ankita
I am explaining the procedure for claiming PF amount.
(1) If your employee has attained superannuation but continuing his employment with you without any break, you will have to continue deducting his PF. Entire company contribution of 12% has to go to A/c No.1
(2) If the employee has completed 10 years (or more) of service at the time of superannuation , then he is eligible for monthly pension. You can fill up Form 10-D and submit with necessary enclosures.
(3) If the employee has not completed 10 years of service at the time of his superannuation, then please submit Form 10-c. he will receive the accumulations of his pension account.
As regards to claiming of PF (A/c No.1), so long as the person continues in employment and PF is being deducted, you should not submit claim in Form 19. Once the person leaves the employment, he can submit the same.
All the above mentioned forms are available in PF web site and can be down loaded.

From India, Hyderabad
Please note the below
1. If the employee attained at the age of 58, and retired you may settle his pf a/c as super annuation
2. After the settlement of his pf a/c you can re-employ him with out deducting pf

From India, Coimbatore

What Mr Vijay is quoting is Ok but not professional. Because, if the employee will not be a member of PF, he will also ceased to be member of EDLI scheme. If the employee expires while in service and after attaining the age of 58, his family member will not get EDLI benefit, please note.
As a progressive HR Personnel, we should establish good practices in the organisation,
Thanks & regards,
Gaurav Upadhye.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.