No Tags Found!

sangjulie

Hi

Just today we had arrange a small get-together to celebrate the success of an employee in attaining 100% punctuality for continuos three months. We have started this approach just after my joining, because i felt that they should be some kind of reward system given to an employee for coming on time that is being punctual, and for any other achievement, though not big in view. We had given this employee a pen stand, and the rest of the employees were quite happy of it, and were waiting their turn to be rewarded.

Likewise i would like to know if anyone of you can suggest some way of rewarding for people staying beyond office hours, working late for a project etc.

For the aforementioned to be measured, i require some ideas from you, because they may be employees who may stay late waiting for their colleague, and they may be some who are really working, how do we keep a track of the ones who are really put in their efforts.

Your ideas and suggestions in monitoring this will be greatly appreciated.

Hey, and don't forget to mention the kind of rewards which can be given to them.

Regards

Julie

From India, Hyderabad
nadd_add@yahoo.co.in
Hi,

I would suggest you can go for Gift vouchers which has wide usage accross India accepted by 6000+ oultlets in all categories like Apparels, Restaurants, Jewellery, Consumer Durables, Bookshops, Medical Shops, Optical, Music Stores, Electronic outlets, Furniture, Footwear, Home needs, Theme parks etc.,

Pls go through the literature I have mentioned below.

Thx

Naveed.

Overview: In today’s competitive world, rewards and recognition plays an important role in motivating and retaining employees. Rewards and recognition is an important part in every HR plan these days. Rewarding the high performing and motivating others to become such is becoming mandatory in IT & BPO industry.

Current Practices:

1.Giving Store Vouchers like Shoppers stop, life style etc.

2.Giving cash prizes.

3.Giving articles (wide range of durables as per the level of performance).

4.Organizing holiday trips.

Challenges in Gifting:

Article Gifting:

The hassle of negotiating the price every time

Procurement and storage

Distribution of the articles to employees

Ensuring the products reach on time

Safety of the products

The appeal and the relevance of the products to the user.

Limited choice to the employees ( purpose of motivating them might get defeated)

Repetition of products which they might already posses

Cash Prizes: The industry is seeing a change in the trend of giving cash prizes. A cash award does not serve the purpose of gifting since it can be used for number of purposes.

Store Vouchers: The store vouchers as a gift for reward and recognition is forcing the user to use it in a shop like Shopper stop, Lifestyle etc where many of your gift recipients may not be comfortable in shopping. This also has a limited usage because these stores are present in only metros and upcoming cities.

The best solution:

Sodexho Pass Gift Vouchers the Best Way to Reward Your Employees:

Sodexho Pass Gift Vouchers are widely accepted at more than 6000 outlets in 175 locations across the country.

Wide range of outlets in all categories like Apparels, Restaurants, Jewellery, Consumer Durables, Bookshops, Medical Shops, Optical, Music Stores, Electronic outlets, Furniture, Footwear, Home needs, Theme parks etc.,

Stores like Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle, Westside, Pantaloons, Wills Lifestyle, Globus and other large stores also accept Sodexho Pass Gift Vouchers.

Sodexho Pass Gift Vouchers come in Convenient Denominations ranging from Rs.100 to Rs. 500.

Sodexho Pass Gift Vouchers can be personalized for achievements and other occasions.

Customization of jackets and voucher (Logo on Jackets, Jacket design etc.) is possible. (Based on volumes)

The Vouchers are valid for a calender year.

No Administration, Accounting or Logistic Hassles.

Naveed - Chennai

+91 98409 18089.

From India, Madras
sangjulie

Hi Naveed,
Thanks for your good suggestions in rewarding an employee for performing well in his duties. Apart from the Gift Vouchers, Sodexho passes and cash prizes, what other things can be given as a reward. Please let me know this. And here i would like to remind you that only one portion of my querie has been responded to.
I would greatly appreciate if you can let me know how do we track or monitor the employees who are staying back whether it is purely because of official work or because of personal work.
Waiting for suggestion on this end.
Regards
Julie

From India, Hyderabad
vinaymenon_00
Dear Julie,
It is a wonderful idea for rewarding employees when they acheive something. But the rewards should not be for employees who stay beyond office hrs due to many reasons. The reasons are:
1. Rewarding employees who stay after work hrs would result in a high percentage of employees staying back at work which can at times cause a lot of problems to the management and their family.
2. There is also a possibility of having a "late hrs culture" creeping into the current culture of the organization.
Therefore, i truly feel that reward must be given to employees who acheive something and not for employees who enact being busy.
-Vinay M.

From India, Kochi
sangjulie

Hi Vinay,
Thanks for your response. My problem lies in identifying the employee who are really working, from the ones who enact that they are working after the office hours. Yes there is a possibility of having a "late hrs culture" creeping in, but at the same time, i don;t want to lose on the employees who are really putting in their efforts to complete a particular project or job. I want some kind of mechanisum wherein we know who are the real go-getters and who are not.
Help appreciated.
Regards
Julie

From India, Hyderabad
kvmksrinivas

Hi Julie,

I appreciate ur real concern for the performers it's not so easy to identify non-performers sitting late for various reasons however one methodology to identify such people is to fix certain special tasks making them time bound and observe over a period of time whether there could be any improvement in their performance. a real performer shall sit sincerely to complete the targetted work. contrary to this the person wasting his and others time after office hrs. will automatically run on heels to sherk away from the responsibilities and leave office premises dot at closing hrs. thus performers are automatically identified. Yet another technique is to measure the performance of the individual employee during his office hrs in other words is he/she meeting the targets in the stipulated time schedule or postoponing the idea to create a job for themselves to sit late in the office. if this factor is oberved, i am sure the "Producvity Curve" can easily be drawn and the non-performer can be identified. on the whole it spreads a msg in the office that a strict survelliance is being administred indirectly and it not only controls the timewasters but also improves the overall performance. ofcourse the deserving person can rightly claim his stakes in the benefits offered by company. Isin't it.

Bye then.

With regards.

srinivas

From India, Hyderabad
sangjulie

Hi Srinivas,
Thanks for your response, yes sure enough we can give in time bound special tasks, which will consequently help us in identifying the performers and time wasters.
Thanks a lot for the information, it is really very much helpful.
Thanks once again.
Regards
Julie

From India, Hyderabad
Anuradha Karthik

Hi

There are lots of ways to reward employees. It is not limited to buying sodexho passes or vouchers.

We have programs like discount programs for employees, online shopping for them to choose their gift (categories and budgets are predefined with the clients), point based redemption programs, vouchers, experiences etc

the benefit your employees would get is that they go and choose what they want as a gift rather than getting something which he/she already have. moreover we provide with experiences as a part of the catalogue, which is appreciated by the employees.

If you would want more info - pl feel free to reach me on my mail id -

Also it would be wiser to encourage them to complete thier tasks during the working hours rather than encouraging them to stay late. since staying late would have other indirect costs - electricity, food, internet usage(if they have external access) and others. making them to work during the office hours would have lots of positive implication both of personal ground and professional ground for the employee and in the long run it is better for the company too!

rgds

anuradha

From India, New Delhi
lotus59
Dear Julie,
I don't really see how and why you are facing problems relating to identifying employees who are required to stay beyond their scheduled hours of work.Leave this job of 'overstay requirement',if at all, to their
immediate supervisors who are supposed to know the progress about
the job of their subordinates and whether they are required to really stay
beyond their normal hours.You can introduce some kind of an overstay
authorisation slip to be signed by the boss and this way you can really keep track of the employees overstaying.But if you reward employees,in whatever form, who are overstaying,please don't lose sight of those who
may be real performers but finish their work within schedule.
Hope this would be of some help.
Rahul

From India, Kolkata
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.